Come join a rock solid, growing organization that values customers, community and employees. We can offer you the opportunity to gain knowledge of People’s United Bank’s products and services, processes and procedures, customer experience approach, and sales management tools so you can deliver on our commitment to customers and return great results to our shareholders. Our Retail Management Development Programs are geared towards both experienced managers and those just entering the profession. Upon successful completion of your program, you will be assigned to a branch as a Branch Manager or an Assistant Manager, based on the skills and experience you bring.
Managers in our branches are responsible for the overall management of customer relationship building, service and portfolio growth at their assigned branch. They identify and manage profitable relationships with small businesses within the branch market by providing tailored business solutions. Employee development is a key to employee engagement and satisfied customers, and our managers coach and motivate the Banker staff to increase the depth of customer relationships, retention and loyalty and find new People’s United customers! As with any financial institution, managers are expected to adhere to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
Specifically, a People’s United manager:
- Develops, implements, and manages branch sales plan and processes to achieve business goals
- Is responsible for hiring, coaching plans, progressive discipline, performance reviews, promotions and salary recommendations of their direct reports
- Provides direction and coaching to branch team concerning pro-active customer engagement and customer relationship building activities
- Is responsible for service levels, product awareness and referral activity generated by branch team
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal business partners in order to refer and grow business relationships
- Ensures delivery of the ultimate customer experience by role modeling the use of branch technology including tablets, enhanced ATMs and other systems effectively, and engages and educates customers in using them.
- Ensures effective compliance and risk management at assigned branch.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in management
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in branch banking
- Experience in prospecting and deepening relationships with new and existing customers and calling on businesses in the branch market
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate team to meet branch and bank-wide objectives
- Detail oriented with the proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities and priorities
- Proven record of sound decision making, balancing risk and customer needs and business goals
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Availability to work alternating weekends and extended hours to meet customer needs
A satisfactory criminal background check, a credit report, and a review of information from the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR) regarding any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government agency may be required by federal law for this position (Regulation Z, 12 CFR Part 1026).
Employment TypeFull Time
M-F 9am - 7pm and rotating weekends off Sat and Sun 10-6
Address 1ONE CONANT STREET