Building Envelope Consultants and Scientists, LLC (BECS) is currently seeking an experienced Senior Building Enclosure Consultant to join our growing team in our Chantilly, VA office. This position will involve building envelope investigations, condition assessments, the design of building envelope repairs and subsequent construction administration, and peer reviews of building envelope designs.
The ideal candidate must be assertive, show initiative, highly organized, detail-oriented, ethical, able to travel, have great communication skills, motivated, excellent time management skills, willing to learn, and possess superior administration skills. Additionally, the candidate must be willing to network, build new relationships, and be active in the pursuit of obtaining new and recurring clients.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Act as project manager for various projects while managing project budgets, scheduling, and client communication.
- Supervise work by technicians and draftsmen and others assisting project
- Able to work on routine projects independently and skilled with time management.
- Develop letters, reports, drawings, specifications, and proposals with moderate guidance from
- Conduct field investigations and on-site construction
- Perform field investigation and water leakage testing of roofing and waterproofing systems, windows, curtain walls, and other building
- Ability to present to client groups and professional
- Pursue professional activities to gain professional
Required qualifications include:
- 10-15 years of experience with a Minimum B.A.E. in Architectural Engineering, B.S. in Construction Management, Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Interest and enthusiasm in buildings and solving engineering problems.
- Fearlessness of heights, including climbing ladders and scaffolds and rope access.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate on the job, and to juries, clients and other professionals.
- Experience in building construction and investigating building problems, which may include difficulties related to concrete, curtain walls, flooring, glazing, masonry, roofing sealants, waterproofing, wood, windows and building science issues.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
- Licensed Civil/Structural P.E
Job Type: Full-time