Facility Maintenance Mechanical Technician- 1st shift
HOURS/DAYS: to be discussed at interview
WAGE RANGE: beginning at $19.80 to $24.00
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Performs moderately complex technical functions related to the support of developing engineering activities, such as:
Repairing, maintaining, overhauling, modifying, operating and material handling equipment
- Fabrication of parts
- Installing, dismantling and inspection of electrical, electronic, mechanical, HVAC, and material handling equipment
- Diagnosing and solving problems involved in the operation of the equipment and system components
- Recommending modifications to designs as needed
- Assists other technicians in the performance of maintenance activities and/or providing training/guidance.
- Isolates malfunctions using established tools and techniques, performs preventive and corrective maintenance on equipment, and returns faulty equipment to operating condition
- Electronically logs scheduled inspection reports of the operating equipment, fixed building equipment and building structures, maintenance, repairs and other records and schedules
- Requires application of special skill, knowledge and pertinent techniques to work assignment.
- Requires advanced aptitude and experience in various areas of maintenance.
- Requires license to operate mechanical equipment.
- Solid understanding of mechanical systems and related components.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in the fabrication and testing of mechanical components and troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of HVAC and related components.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in the fabrication and testing of HVAC components and troubleshooting.
- Five to Seven years- experience in mechanical field or combination of experience and technical/vocational training.
- Five to Seven years- experience in HVAC field or combination of experience and technical/vocational training.
Candidate will need to take and score as Skilled with the Industrial skills testing battery.
Starting Wages: $19.80 to $24.00 per hour
JCPenney offers an immediate, competitive benefits package and a shopping discount.
Email resumes through this site or drop off resumes at JC Penney Logistics Center, 11111 Stead Boulevard, Reno Nevada,
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.80 to $24.00 /hour
- maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance Mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly