- Microsoft Project
- Sales Experience
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
FLSmidth, a leading supplier of equipment and services to the global cement and minerals industries, is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Technical Service Writer.
The Technical Service Writer supports the FLSmidth organization in cost estimating and preparing proposal for single pieces of equipment, systems, and total large-scale projects. They also develop new technical skills through training and developmental opportunities provided by the business so that revenue and profitability targets are achieved in accordance with company objectives.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support Regional Sales resources in the development of work scopes and proposals
- Build customer intimacy by regularly visiting customers and qualify opportunities
- Use CRM to log and manage customer appointments/opportunities
- Manage customer’s expectations with particular focus on schedule “releases/holds/confirmations”
- Prepare and submit customer visit/inspection reports with sufficient information needed by estimating/scheduling; review estimates and prepare proposals for submission to customers or FLS outside sales group
- Review RFQ’s and commercial terms for major opportunities and insure that proposals clarify deviations when issued to customers (includes commercial and scope)
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with engineers on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors
- Compiles cost data and analysis, and applies this in estimating equipment and systems
- Monitors and analysis cost trends, market changes and suppliers as a basis for specific cost estimating
- Performs assigned analysis of cost trend and supplier competitiveness worldwide
- Compiles specific reports or performs calculations to support other departments
- Responsible for proposal/estimating process in North American region (risk/commercial terms analysis, proposal turnaround time) so that business has the maximize potential to receive order)
- Gain greater knowledge of market, competition and customer values allowing the business to strengthen its value proposition
- Develop new technical skills for new products and services by attending various training/development opportunities and customer site visits
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented with the sales department
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in sales, technical support or performance of hands-on maintenance services to customers using industrial processing equipment in cement or minerals industries
- Able to communicate in written and verbal forums in a professional manner
- Advance knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Projects and Adobe software systems
- Previous experience working directly with customers in direct or technically supportive role
- Reliable analytical and communication skills
- Willingness to travel and work with a team of professionals
- BA/BS in mechanical engineering or construction services discipline or 4+ years of hands-on repair, field sales or technical services support to cement or minerals industries
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel, Word and Microsoft Project
FLSmidth offers a very competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match Program, PTO and 10 paid holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year