- Time Management
- Account Management
- Microsoft Word
- Customer Service
- Analysis Skills
Director, Relationship Management
With limited supervision by executive and senior division leadership, this position provides direction, oversight and execution of established strategic and tactical plans, goals and operations for a designated group of accounts in Client Services. This role develops and manages the direction of client relationships in the designated group of accounts throughout the account lifecycle, including providing effective tactical client support and addressing key issues to positively impact client satisfaction and retention and also by providing leadership and direction for a team of Client Services professionals with responsibility for attending to all aspects of the customer relationship at the employer level.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position may reside at the corporate location or a field location but is regarded as a leadership role within the Client Services Organization. This position reports to the Senior Vice President for Client Services or a top administrative executive with over-arching Client Services responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent’s performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
1. Assists the VP, Client Services in establishing goals and objectives and for defining strategic/tactical plans that ensure attainment of WageWorks’ client relationship, satisfaction, retention and revenue targets.
2. Reviews and analyzes reports of activity, customer surveys and business to evaluate performance of the assigned group of accounts and team. Designs and implements cost reductions and program improvements where appropriate. Modifies strategies, the organization of resources and business plans where necessary.
3. Manages and oversees the activities of the assigned Client Services team, which includes but is not limited to hiring and assigning employees; coaching, training and evaluating employees; coaching, counseling and managing performance; and making salary, merit or other pay increase recommendations. Ensures staff receives proper training on products, systems and services. This position may also make recommendations and/or take corrective action to manage performance as appropriate.
4. Builds and maintains relationships with decision makers in client companies to develop a deep understanding of client business objectives, challenges, opportunities and needs. Assesses clients’ ongoing needs by conducting periodic strategic reviews, uncovers areas for additional revenue growth, and helps them to make informed decisions regarding WageWorks’ offerings. Manages evolving client expectations, needs and priorities, and collaborates with client services, service delivery, sales and information technology teams to ensure effective integration with consulting and service delivery capabilities and priorities.
5. Maintains current knowledge and understanding of Company products, services and other aspects on which this position provides service to the client, as well as applicable laws and regulations affecting client installations.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
2. Assists executive leadership with special projects as required or assigned.
NOTE: WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
This position entails formal, direct supervisory responsibility for professional level individual contributors.
Matrixed supervisory responsibility includes the establishment and adherence to tactical processes, plans, programs and policies related to systems and the flow of information within the market segment.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence: Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect: We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
A proficient knowledge and understanding of business as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration is strongly preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Experience performing consulting, client service, account management, customer service or call center experience in a client support environment is required. The ability and skill to effectively service clients of multiple sizes and complexity, as obtained through at least 7 - 10 years of account management experience in a related field or environment is required.
Significant and proven successful experience leading and directing high performing client relationship teams, including coaching, training, guiding, developing, and managing performance is essential.
The ability to foster strong relationships with Clients and internal WageWorks’ departments is required.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, presentation, listening and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described. Incumbents must have the ability to navigate political arenas with ease as well as persuade, influence and sell change effectively while projecting a professional image. Requires self-confidence and the ability to work independently. Ability to interact effectively with clients, sales team members, operations, customer service and other internal departments as described is required.
Requires excellent data gathering and analysis skills, utilizing reports, spreadsheets, web-based applications, and other software tools. The ability to assess and resolve simple to complex issues related to products, service delivery or payroll issues is essential.
Exceptional organizational and time management skills, orientation to detail as well as a high commitment to client satisfaction are required. The ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities under time constraints is required. The abilities to proactively identify client needs and offer solutions as well as build rapport and effectively communicate at multiple levels in the client organization are essential.
Knowledge and expertise in or the ability to rapidly learn the Company’s products and services is required.
Knowledge of FSA, HSA, Commuter or other tax-advantaged benefits, payroll, GL and accounting is required.
Incumbents must have proficient skills and abilities with a personal computer and have a solid knowledge, understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. A through understanding and proficiency with contact management software applications and web-based applications is required.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Requires moderate travel 20 - 30% spanning 1-5 days as dictated by business needs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Regular eye-hand coordination is required to operate office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.