Cisco Unified Communications - Audio Visual / Video Conferencing Onsite Service Technician for metro Savannah, GA will need to have expertise in core infrastructure, voice, and collaboration and will provide remote proactive and reactive support for clients.
What part will you play?
Engineer will be responsible for maintaining the client's Cisco Unified Communications solution including voice and video endpoints for multiple sites. Will provide technical support for: Video Teleconferencing; Audio (Program and Speech, DSP based systems); Projection and Display Devices; Video Wall Display Systems; Christie Digital Signage Systems; Crestron / AMX Source Control Devices; Polycom RealPresence; Cisco UC; Cisco TelePresence systems; Wireless Microphones / RF Systems; Biamp Nexia / Biamp Tesira; PTZ Wall Cameras; Barco & Planar Display Technology; NEC; & Samsung.
Candidates should also be highly motivated, eager to learn new technologies, and able to effectively communicate ensuring superior customer service to maintain a strong customer relationship. Strong preference given to candidates with CCNP Collaboration certification.
What will you be doing?
The job responsibilities of the Cisco Unified Communications - Audio Visual / Video Conferencing Onsite Service Technician for metro Savannah, GA include the following:
- Maintain a working knowledge of emerging trends in the UC industry as a whole
- Ability to understand IP Network Convergence and architect/articulate UC networks to facilitate successful transport of multiple types of UC applications
- Ability to troubleshoot end-to-end networks for the deployment of UC
- Upgrade new or existing system components in accordance with customer approved functional design requirements
- Test and validate system functionality
- Remotely monitor and manage high level video conferencing meetings
- Work with the engineering team to assist in the implementation of voice, video, and data network solutions
- Provide quality customer support and build client relationships
- Troubleshoot system issues
- Maintain tickets by assigned status; updates/follow-up required within specified SLA urgency
- Assemble reports/paperwork as required for recording customer interactions
- In coordination with the Manager, translate best practices into Unified Collaboration/Telepresence Managed Services Offerings, strategies and procedures furthering Diversified business objectives
- Access remotely, and on-site where appropriate, the performance of managed services and on-site facilitation enhancing the value of Diversified service offerings
- Provide detailed evaluation and assessment of key customer systems to further long term customer relationships
- Respond to client requests for changes to video infrastructure configuration, such as default values for Telepresence Server / MCU layout, changes to firewall traversal, add users, update customized settings, phone books
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and minimum of 5+ years’ experience supporting IP based network equipment and/or software applications with a strong preference given to videoconferencing technology.
- CCNA or CCNA Collaboration required
- CCNP Preferred
- 5+ years of Cisco VoIP and IP Telephony troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Cisco Telepresence systems including EX/DX endpoints, MX series, etc.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications applications, including CallManager, CallManager Express, Unity, Unity Connection, Unity Express, Cisco Prime, IM&P, VCS, Expressway, TPS, TCS, Conductor and Contact Center Express
- Experience with IP Telephony protocols, including SIP, H323, and MGCP
- Experience with supporting and troubleshooting Quality of Service and Multicast
- Experience with using and troubleshooting VMWare
- Strong knowledge of IP protocols, Cisco IOS, switching/routing protocols and Firewall Traversal for H.323 and SIP video
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form
But wait, there’s more!
- Collaborative work environment
- Committed to the career development and education of our team
- Comprehensive competitive benefits package
- Named as one of 50 Most Admired Companies in 2017 by Silicon Review
- 2017 Mega-Integrator
- #2279 Inc. Magazine’s 36th Annual List of America’s fastest-growing private companies
As an industry leading technology provider, Diversified is engineering tomorrow’s communications solutions! From boardrooms to classrooms, command centers to surgical suites, and stadiums to studios, our team is unlocking and engineering our clients’ imagination and harnessing today’s latest technologies to help them communicate their messages with the world. Our passionate team delivers innovative solutions around the globe and is constantly growing to serve our expanding clientele. Join us as we push the envelope in our mission to bring imagination to life!
To learn more about becoming part of the Diversified team, visit us at http://diversifiedus.com/about/careers/ or email us at email@example.com.
Diversified is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. Diversified is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for handicapped and disabled employees.