Sr. Global HR Director
Our company has expanded into the Global Marketplace and we now have offices in China, Europe, Japan and plans to expand into Canada. We need a very hands on Human Resources Manager with experience setting up and working in an international HR environments. This includes recruitment, hiring, benefits, compensation, payroll, compliance, training and termination.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Managers with new hires and the onboarding process; new hire reporting, payroll, new hire orientation, background checks, and benefits.
- International payroll is processed monthly or bi-monthly. Process employee new hires, time off records, commissions and bonus, update payroll spreadsheet and distribute to payroll accountants to process for payment. Ensure that all European employees are being paid properly.
- Develop Employee Handbooks by country, implement and distribute. Develop HR policies/managers handbooks for EMEA.
- Establish a standard Employment Contract by country that can be turned quickly and efficiently to turn new hires contracts around in 24 hours but only with written approval from the President and CEO. Ensure that the contracts are designed to the company’s standards.
- Establish guidelines and Manage Leaves of Absence according to the regulations of each country.
- Establish Standard Benefit Offering by Country. Researches and analyzes benefits programs and trends and implements plans based on the employer’s needs and budget. Through effective communicate to the department managers to explain benefit programs so that the managers can explain benefit programs to candidates and employees.
- Ensure that the benefits are cost effective to the company. Implement needed changes for respective countries, which includes: Benefit plan contracts, establish process of administration, employee notifications and enrollment.
Compensation and Evaluations
- Assist with performance evaluation systems that enable managers and supervisors to successfully conduct reviews and give merit increases.
- Assist Managers and supervisors conduct performance appraisals on their employees to gauge whether they are performing according to company standards.
- Process raises, promotions only with written approval from the CEO.
Training and Development
- Establishes New Hire and on-the-job and off-the-job training programs so employees obtain the knowledge they need to properly execute their duties.
- New Hire Training procedures and guidelines.
- Provide resources such as workshops and seminars and leadership training to improve manager and employee relations to foster employee development.
8+ years in Human Resources with at least 5 in a management capacity
5+ years working in international or global HR initiatives.