Economist - (155282)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Economist, we'll count on you to:
- Conduct research to aid in interpretation of and solutions for problems with economic relationships
- Study economic and statistical data in area of specialization
- Collect and compile data relating to a research area, utilizing knowledge of available sources of data and various econometric and sampling techniques
- Review and analyze economic data in order to prepare reports detailing results of investigation, and stay abreast of economic changes
- Organize data into report format, and arrange for preparation of graphic illustrations of research findings
- Formulate recommendations, policies or plans to aid in market interpretation or solution of economic issues with clear, specified objectives and limited variables
- Work independently on small projects or assist more-senior economists on larger projects
- Perform other duties as needed
Economist, job #155282, *LI-MP1
- Bachelor's degree in Economics or closely related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Would prefer a candidate with 1+ years of directly related experience, but will consider entry level candidates with solid educational credentials.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Background in statistics
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be adept at working within a team environment
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Candidates who reside locally in the greater Boston area are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Economics + Finance
Aug 16, 2019