The Manager of RNG Service Delivery will help Amp's efforts to establish and scale a new business line offering O&M and asset management services to renewable natural gas project owners/developers/financial sponsors, including Amp. This position reports to the Director of RNG Service Delivery and extensively collaborates with the engineering, finance, and business development teams. In addition (s)he will be expected to work with the operations/technician's teams ensuring successful completion of all maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and improvement of complex RNG processing equipment and ancillary equipment to eliminate problems.
The Manager ensures that the facility and equipment are maintained at the highest level and run efficiently; will coordinate and implement preventive maintenance activities; provides guidance to peers to ensure optimum production, quality and safety while minimizing cost, energy usage, and waste. The Manager must have a "safety-first" and hands-on mindset, be a self-motivated partner supporting production operations, be committed to achieving minimal downtime and drive continuous improvement throughout the organization. Will be a technical resource that provides and shares expertise of equipment and options to improve maintenance and operating practices. This role will also be responsible for managing reliability improvement initiatives and projects to achieve established performance metrics. Will be expected to help forecast and manage project-related costs, identify and share best practices, manage outside vendors and contractors, build strong customer relationships, and help analyze performance / identify opportunities to increase production and reduce costs. As needed, the individual will also work cross-functionally to support or lead a diverse set of analytical and/or operational tasks that may arise in a start-up environment.
Work with operations, engineering, to resolve complex problems and increase plant maintenance and reliability:
- Provide leadership and direction to the operations/maintenance teams in areas such as safety, planning, TPM/reliability, cost, efficiency, and quality.
- Develop and implement the overall preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Implement reliability best practices in order to ensure dependability and machine efficiency.
- Analyze process concerns and performance gaps and guide resources to resolve operations, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operation delay.
- Initiating corrective/preventive and continuous improvement opportunities and actively participate in developing, implementing, and verifying corrective/improvement actions.
- Coordinates, arranges and supervises the completion of corrective and preventive and predictive maintenance (PM,PdM) in accordance with company safety procedures and integrates these PMs into the daily plans of the plant.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements and makes recommendations to Management.
- Ensure development, implementation, reviews, updates and improvements to equipment records in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Ensures spare parts and critical equipment lists are developed, and maintained for all facilities.
- Seek, develop, implement and facilitate training programs for all Maintenance personnel.
- Work with Plant Managers to develop, implement and facilitate training programs for Maintenance Group and to ensure effective preventive maintenance and a reduction of downtime.
- Maintain an open channel of communication to ensure positive customer relations.
- Manage small to mid-size Capital Projects through a full project life cycle
- Assist the safety department to facilitate the Lock-out Tag-out, Hot Work Permit, Confined Space Entry, House Keeping Inspections, OSHA Inspections, Safety Bulletin, and General Safety Programs.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential projects (e.g., installed equipment, project layout, process flows / P&IDs, operational maturity, etc. as appropriate) to understand cost-to-serve as well as identify opportunities for improvement
- Inform financial and business modeling (especially risk and opportunity analysis)
- Relationship building with potential customers
Required Skills / Abilities
- Design and implement processes and procedures to create an operating environment that is both safe and productive (i.e., optimizing both uptime & throughput)
- Effectively triage multiple (potentially conflicting) priorities and deadlines for a diverse set of stakeholders
- Read and understand engineering drawings including, but not limited to, PFDs, P&IDs, plot plans, civil, structural, piping plans, isometrics, instrumentation, and electrical drawing and documents
- Understand and follow the Health, Safety, Environmental and Regulatory requirements of natural gas operations
- Recruit and develop technical talent
- Handle confidential information with the highest degree of professional responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical or similar) or Construction (preferred)
- 7-10 years of experience in field service management (i.e., leading operating teams and team leaders) in Oil & Gas, Renewable Gas, or other Energy-related Industry (required)
- 10-15 years of experience in midstream / downstream Oil & Gas or RNG (preferred)
- Experience with pumps, compressors and SCADA systems such as Wonderware, Factory Talk or Ignition (required)
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and experience with software (required)
- Willingness to travel 70% (required)
- Passion for & track record of solving complex problems and delivering results (required)
- Interest in alternative energy and/or renewable fuels (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Willingness To Travel:
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place