The Windows Server Systems Administrator provides technical support for CIT and the university using computing and information technology to fulfill the University’s research, instruction, and public service missions.
- Provide advanced systems support: Support and troubleshoot mission-critical enterprise Windows Server systems and services on a 24/7 basis
- Design and implement complex systems and infrastructure: Develop mission-critical enterprise Windows Server systems
- Ensure system security: Protect against security risks, apply security fixes, and monitor system activity. Ensure system compliance with UB security and privacy policies and other regulations such as NIST 800-171, HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Solve complex systems and service problems: Develop unique approaches to complicated problems where diagnostic data is incomplete, absent, or contradictory, and where there may be no precedent or solution
- Communicate with management, staff, and customers: Communicate work status, alerts, and service notifications tailored to the needs of specific audiences
- Provide customer support: Fulfill or deny service requests according to departmental policies and negotiate service provisioning with customers, stakeholders and management
- Fulfill supervisory responsibilities (if assigned): Conduct staff recruitments, write performance programs and appraisals, participate in resource planning and allocations, periodically provide operational oversight of production services and teams
- Manage technical projects: Manage projects and provide expert consulting on technical initiatives, facilitate technical discussions among campus IT groups, and proactively assist in budget and service planning
- Maintain and improve technical knowledge: Continually improve personal knowledge and skills relevant to current duties, through on the job experience, self-directed research or formal training
- Work as part of a team: Participate in service teams providing 24/7 support; influence work priorities, technical decisions, and operating procedures at the team or project level
All the duties listed above occur in a 24/7 environment, therefore, as part of your professional obligation, working extended hours, holidays and varied hours may be required.
The mission of UB Information Technology’s is “to advance UB’s mission of excellence in research, teaching, and service through the innovative and effective use of Information Technology.” UBIT includes nearly 400 talented and collaborative professionals. UBIT supports the university’s goals for impactful research, educational experiences, engagement and economic development, and a 21st-century campus environment. To that end, UBIT partners with the campus community and leads the evaluation, implementation, and operation of all IT services.
It is a great time to join UBIT. Over the last four years, VPCIO and UBIT have focused on modernizing the core IT infrastructure. These strategic enhancements have resulted in a world-class technology environment. In addition, UBIT staff are highly skilled and motivated to succeed and have cutting-edge training and technical resources at their disposal.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
A bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience or an advanced degree and one (1) year of experience.
- Experience in a computer/technical field
- Basic administration, networking or software development concepts, and practice in a computing field
- Understand applied advanced system management concepts such as redundancy, security, high availability, and system integration
- Excellent communication skills and good customer relations skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people having diverse skill levels and varying backgrounds
- Personal initiative and self-discipline
- Experience with leading or participating in large projects or teams
- Experience in a university environment
- Experience with advanced, large scale systems
Salary Range $55,000 - $75,000
Campus All Campuses
Special Instructions to Applicants
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation.