the basics | What is TransAm Trucking?
TransAm Trucking is one of the largest temperature-controlled trucking companies in the Midwest. Through consistent, controlled growth, investment in technology, and a focus on the environment, our management team explores every opportunity to make TransAm the leading transportation company to work for and do business with.
Our mission is to further the noble purpose of truck driving. We strive to deliver the best driver, employee, and customer experience through our core values of empowerment, innovation, and consistency. By listening to our drivers, employees, and customers, we endeavor to create a better trucking company.
The Planning department is responsible for securing adequate capacity for booked freight using company assets, and then planning the transportation of loads from shipper to destination. The ultimate goal of this position is for deliveries to be on time and in compliance with government regulations, company standards, and customer expectations.
the role | A Load Coordinator is responsible for...
- Learning the business from the ground up through our hands-on training program that includes exposure to customer service, transportation logistics, geographical load analysis, and equipment management.
- Balancing and maintaining equipment availability by routing outbound drivers in surplus regions to deficit areas with coverage needs.
- Pairing trucks that are empty or unloading soon with freight needing to be picked up, and confirming dispatch assignments with other internal departments.
- Ensuring efficient turnaround time for loads to minimize drive down-time.
- Implementing contingency logistics plans to secure on-time freight delivery in the event of an en-route breakdown or accident.
the requirements | This will be a perfect fit for you if...
- You are self-motivated with a desire to learn about the growing transportation industry. No previous industry-specific experience required.
- You are highly computer proficient and able to learn and navigate multiple advanced-level programs.
- You have a flexible schedule (see working hours below).
- You can think quickly in a deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You are highly analytical and organized and enjoy uncovering hard-to-find solutions.
the details | What are the hours, pay, and location?
- This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday, daytime hours.
- Based on company need at the time of promotion to Planner, one of the following shifts will be assigned:
- Monday-Friday extended daytime shift (ex: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-5:00pm)
- 7 on / 7 off day shift (ex: Friday-Thursday, 5:00am-5:00pm, then Friday-Thursday off)
- Pay changes throughout the training program as follows:
- Load Planner Trainee – $18.00 per hour
- Planner – $47,000-50,000 salary
- TransAm is based in Olathe, KS, the fourth-largest cities in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Olathe is in the center of a national transportation network and has become one of the Midwest’s dominant business, economic, and cultural centers.
the perks | What's in it for you?
- A casual, smoke-free work environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance coverages
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 88 hours of paid time off after 90 days plus additional PTO every year
- Discounted gym memberships, mobile phone services, tires, and Costco memberships
the next step | Does this sound like a match for you?
Apply now by submitting your resume or visit www.transamtruck.com/employment to complete an online application. A member of our recruiting team will review your resume and reach out to schedule a phone screen if your qualifications match our requirements.
TransAm is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- 60 wpm: 1 year (Preferred)