The Service Coordinator Representative is responsible for moving service customer vehicles to ensure smooth and efficient traffic flow through the facility and to increase customer convenience and maintain an orderly service experience. This position interacts daily with our customers, Service Advisors, Cashiers, Technicians, Service Managers, and other support staff. This position reports to the Service Manager.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Greet all customers entering the service area with a friendly, upbeat professional attitude, answer their questions, and direct them to the appropriate person or location
- Determine if customers coming into service have an appointment. Record customers’ name, VIN, mileage, and existing vehicle damage (walk around)
- Install disposable seat covers, floor mats and I.D. tags in all the vehicles taken in for service
- Pull vehicles out of the service drive after a Repair Order is written by the Service Advisor
- Control service traffic flow, parking and assist with rental vehicles as needed
- Upon our Lincoln Loaner returns to the dealership, the vehicles are to be inspected, vacuumed, washed and filled with gas
- While our Lincoln Loaners are here, they are to remain clean and snow free at all times so they are immediately ready for use by our customers
- Vacuum interiors and wash the exterior of vehicles after they have been serviced
- Drive vehicles to and from service lane, service stalls, and parking lot as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe service drive area, free of trash, water, leaves and dirt
- Inspect vehicles for stains, debris and damages before returning the vehicle to the customer, and report any damage immediately
- Remove vehicle protective coverings and ID tags prior to returning the completed vehicle to customer
- Retrieve customer vehicles when customers arrive for pick-up; pull their vehicle to front of the dealership, return their keys to the customer and thank them for their business
- Keep vehicle lot neat and orderly, moving units as directed and in accordance with dealership display standards
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor
- Must achieve Customer Satisfaction requirements set forth by the Dealership and Manufacturer
- Perform any other duties as requested by Service Management
The Service Coordinator Representative works primarily in the Service Write-up Area. Position requires stooping, bending, and moving throughout the Service Department. The position requires lifting up to fifty pounds. S/he will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Road testing vehicles may be required. This position requires a professional appearance with shirts tucked in, properly groomed, good posture; you represent a HIGH line luxury dealer.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Computer skills preferred
- Excellent Oral/Written skills
- Team Player
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Inver Grove Ford Lincoln is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Full-Time, Union Pay & Benefits
Job Type: Full-time