Bednark Studio is a premier design and fabrication studio powered by creativity, technology and big ideas. We collaborate with event companies, agencies, corporate clients, and set designers to build cutting edge brand experiences. Bednark is founded on the principle that execution and craftsmanship are the building blocks to happy clients. Measure twice, cut once. We specialize in the design and fabrication of custom items for use in commercial and residential millwork.
The Production / Install Manager’s responsibilities are focused on four key areas:
Project Install Assessment and Advisory, Fabrication Support, Install Prep, and On Site Management.
Over the course of the project, he or she works with the project management team, fabricators, subcontractors and operations directors to make sure that the plan for install is well thought out, executed and delivered on schedule.
Install Assessment and Advisory
- Review client creative and flag any install-related concerns for the PM and draftsman.
- Participate in engineering meetings and give input from an install perspective
- Define for the fabricators and draftsman the travel sizes of the pieces and all load in conditions that impact build.
- Support the fabrication team by ordering specialty items for the build
- Work with department foremen to solve problems for design and build
- Relay fabrication concerns to PM for evaluation
- Conduct tech scouts. Publish notes and photos.
- Generate a photo and document library of all sites.
- Order all hardware necessary for install.
- Manage the “Installers” section of the punch list for assigned projects
- Build an ROS for assigned projects.
- Work with staffing team to optimize ROS and install planning. Ensure each install has the correct crew size and personnel.
- Check in on the shop floor during the fabrication phase to ensure a broad and deep understanding of how all elements are built
- Manage the in-shop tech up phase.
- Write pack lists for all assigned projects
- Supervise truck packing to ensure items are not left behind.
- Manage install team on site
- Note arrival time of installers
- Print and distribute build packets to team
- Determine workflow of installers
- Make sure that the scope of work assigned for the time of install is completed pending extenuating circumstances
- Make sure that all items installed are retail consumer safe
- Send install updates to the office and foremen
- Send a report at the end of the install with a comprehensive recap and request for items that need to be fabricated / managed the following day for the Sr. PM, or PM to supervise
Manage expectations for client and keep client informed as to the progress
Request client approval for any design related adjustments
Note any adjustments requested by the client
5 Years of Full-Time Employment in Fabrication Shop
1 Year Managerial Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fabrication: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance