Accountant/ Office Manager
The Accountant implements all financial activities at meat processing company, and reports to the CFO and the CEO. This position is responsible for the financial procedures and policies, company accounting practices, maintenance of company fiscal records, administration of the company Accounting systems and management of banking and CPA partnerships.
This position requires a hands-on approach for the daily accounting functions including, but not limited to G/L, A/P, A/R, Payroll, Billing, Collections, and Commission calculation.
- Direct as needed accounting and administrative personnel in planning, coordination and execution of daily responsibilities
- Ensures deadlines are met
- Is proficient in all accounting functions, maintaining cross training and redundancy developed for all accounting operations. Maintains personal involvement in order to provide backup as needed in each area of accounting
- Interfaces with CPA firm and Bank representatives for audits, etc
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures and internal controls for accounting processes
- Interfaces with management team to understand business and facilitate accounting information that supports the development of our business and provide meaningful information to all management team members
- Responsible for routine office management, supply ordering, etc
- Minimum 5 years Accounting management experience preferably in a Manufacturing environment
- College education or a degree will be a plus in combination with experience.
- Must be comfortable dealing with all levels in the organization and with key clients as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Software proficiency on various accounting systems and Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year