Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world’s largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World . Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you’re passionate like us - and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen - there’s one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It’s true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You’re given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won’t do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The People Analytics Data Engineer will to design, build, and maintain our data architecture for Global People Analytics initiatives. The role will have strong leadership, analytical, and hands-on technical capability. In this role, the People Analytics Data Engineer will have the key skills required to manipulate and shape data quickly. This role will work internally with the Global People Analytics team, reporting directly to Analytics Solutions Lead within IT.
The hire will be responsible for introducing technical capabilities that will expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience with employee data (HCM/HRIS) and is the perfect blend of data engineer and business data analyst who enjoys optimizing data systems, building them from the ground up, and educating others on the value of the data and how it can support various business use cases. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of joining a team whose goal is to create the most valuable enterprise data assets and passionate about the problems these assets can help solve.
- Manage data ingestion projects within the Snowflake/Azure architecture.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with customers within the HR Function, stakeholders including the IT Service Delivery and Global Business Services organizations to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our snowflake environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of rapid career advancement in a data analytics delivery role
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Big data tools: Snowflake, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azure DevOps, Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Text processing scripting languages: Sed and AWK
- REST API Pipelines for data extraction
- DevOps tools: Azure DevOps, , Jenkins, Git, Maven, SBT, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity