PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Field Marketing Advisor (FMA) works in close partnership with Buffalo Wild Wings (BWW) marketing and operations teams to identify revenue opportunities, drive sales, and support community connection for all restaurants in the designated market. On a market level, this role is responsible for identification, planning, training, communication, execution, and measurement of sales building programs and tactics. Each FMA will oversee a given region of either franchise or company-owned restaurants and will interact closely with the RVP, District Manager and General Managers (Corporate) or the Franchise Director and Franchise Consultant (Franchise) within those regions to help drive performance.
1. Restaurant engagement:
a. Plan, communicate, and train General Managers/Franchisees and restaurant team members on the objectives, execution, and desired outcomes of sales-driving programs and tactics
b. Support restaurant GMs in implementing local marketing tactics (ie. As business needs require, execute street team appearances, sales calls, and/or business visits targeting members of the community to develop partnerships with other businesses/retailers).
c. Conduct restaurant visits to assess sales building execution and identify potential performance improvement opportunities
d. Deliver ongoing training to ensure assigned market has in-depth knowledge and understanding of available sales-building tools and resources
e. Serve as the primary contact resource for all restaurant marketing and brand support requirements for restaurants within their region.
2. Driving in-market sales
a. Develop and maintain a pipeline of new and innovative local restaurant marketing programs that will help generate comparable sales growth and traffic increase to meet organization goals
b. Provide accountability by measuring the effectiveness of individual restaurant marketing tactics and community partnerships to accurately determine top line sales impact and ROI
c. Provide upward feedback on regional needs and share best in class ideas
d. Coordinate regional, multi-restaurant events
- Required Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Business or equivalent work experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- 2-3 years of marketing experience preferred, previous experience in local or field marketing position for a multi-unit restaurant is preferred
- Strong organizational, presentation, communication, and negotiation skills are required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, work independently, multi-task, prioritize and be detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate at all levels to build relationships and enhance partnerships, both internal and external.
- This is a field based position requiring approximately 50% travel.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check and driver’s license check. Must maintain a satisfactory motor vehicle driving record and a valid class D driver’s license.