MEP Contractor is seeking experienced VC Coordinators/ BIM Modelers/ MEP CAD Drafters for large scale Residential and Commercial Projects.
This is a full-time position.
A perfect candidate should have knowledge of HVACand/or Plumbingand/or Fire ProtectionShop drawings standards.as well as basic knowledge and understanding of NYC Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Fuel Gas Construction codes.
This individual should be a self-starter with keen attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure and multi-task is a must.
- Analyzing of Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing and Fire Protection Design Drawings,
- Analyzing specifications, submittals and cut sheets,
- Creating 3D models using AutoCAD MEP/Revit software for MEP trades,
- Navisworks Clash detection and coordinating with other trades,
- Attending Coordination Meetings with Contractors, Architects and Engineers,
- Utilizing information on Design Drawings, Specs and Coordinated 3D models to produce MEP Shop drawings for Construction,
- Creating large scale details in plan , section, elevation and/or 3D,
- Occasional Site Visits,
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; Completion of technical trade school in CAD, drafting, architecture, or related field could also be acceptable,
- Minimum 2 year of AutoCAD MEP experience.
- Minimum 1 year of Navisworks experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a timely manner with accurate results.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with employees and clients
- Flexible work hours
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Workplace perks (coffee/ tea, snacks)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurances, 401k offered,
Salary based on experience,
We are willing to teach the right candidates with interest in MEP and strong AutoCAD skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- 3D Modeling: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD MEP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Long Island City, NY (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment