PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager - Provider Compensation PHMG for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 165481
Manages the coordination of the activities of a business unit or department with responsibility for results including costs, methods, and staffing. Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignment in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Responsible for developing, organizing and implementing the resources needed to manage and administer the uniform compensation program for employed PHMG PeaceHealth physicians and allied health providers. Performs on-going development, enhancement and maintenance of the information infrastructure and reporting environment to support the changing business needs of PHMG through the management of data and information.
1. Provides leadership for all compensation related activities and establishes priorities across all regions; works collaboratively with system-wide stakeholders.
2. Provides leadership to ensure appropriate system support and coordination to include: management and reporting; analytical resources; communication methods; and mechanisms to engage individual physicians and allied health regarding their respective compensation.
3. Designs, prepares, and distributes reports to leadership and stakeholders for communication and reporting on compensation, productivity, benchmark comparisons, FTE status, leadership compensation as well as retirement and other benefits.
4. Serves as internal project lead for current and future compensation committees and work with outside consulting groups, as necessary.
5. Designs and implements a process to enhance communication with individual providers regarding their compensation.
6. Conducts regional meetings to inform providers of market and compensation model changes. Provides open forum for questions and answers.
7. Provides oversight for the administration and management of the PHMG compensation plan. Develops, organizes and implements the required resources to administer a uniform compensation program for PHMG. Facilitates a multidisciplinary group to create and maintain an "operating manual" for the compensation plan.
8. Provides management for determining data requirements, data sources and methods for abstracting accurate information. Where gaps exist, provides recommendations to PHMG leadership for methods and/or software that ensure the integrity of data used in preparation and administration of compensation. Serves as a liaison between HID, Finance, and Accounting for enhancements as well as coordinate areas that could benefit from automation.
9. Manages compensation and financial analysis required to administer the physician and AHP (Allied Health Provider) compensation plans. Leads the evaluation of potential recruitments. Provides leadership for PHMG reporting statistics as it relates to compensation.
10. Designs and oversees implementation of processes that link compensation plan with regional and system finances; ensures accuracy of financial information.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field required; or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job
MBA, or similar graduate degree preferred.
Minimum of five years of healthcare compensation administration required.
Minimum of two years leadership experience required.
Experience managing provider compensation programs is preferred.
Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
Proficiency with Excel, Word, and Access required.
Problem solving and attention to detail required.
Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff including physicians and allied health providers.
Strong face-to-face, verbal and written communication skills.
Applies analytical thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables required.
Ability to manipulate data and other information management tools for analysis and reporting purposes required.
Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making required.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Business, Administrative, & Facilities Leadership || Full Time || HUMAN RESOURCES