ABOUT THE COMPANY:
SVP Sewing Brands is the world’s largest consumer sewing machine company, accounting for approximately one out of every three sewing machines sold annually across the globe. The company was founded in 1851, and its three iconic brands - SINGER®, HUSQVARNA VIKING® and PFAFF® - each have delighted consumers for over 140 years. The Singer brand is the industry’s most recognized and ranks #1 in the industry in brand awareness, likelihood to purchase and overall quality, according to a recent Gallup survey. The Husqvarna Viking® and Pfaff® brands have a premium positioning that are regarded as the brands of choice for serious sewers and crafters.
The company’s corporate headquarters is located in Nashville, TN and is supplemented by regional headquarters/sales offices located in Milan (Italy), São Paulo (Brazil), and Sydney (Australia) that, combined, reach consumers in more than 180 countries. SVP has four manufacturing facilities across Asia and Latin America, two global R&D centers, a software development center in Europe and a global supply chain with distribution centers in all regions.
SVP has a history of innovation and has established a leading offering in the Internet-of-Things (IoT) segment by introducing mySewnet®, the industry’s first cloud-based operating system, and the Premier+ suite of software. Its product portfolio covers entry level sewing machines all the way up to advanced, internet-connected, leading edge household sewing machines that retail for $16,999 and all segments in-between. In addition to sewing machines, the product portfolio includes sewing accessories, notions, garment care products as well as software.
The products are sold across a network of sewing machine dealers, mass retailers (e.g., Costco, Walmart, Lidl, MediaMarkt, Carrefour), specialty retailers (e.g., Joann, Michaels), online retailers (e.g., Amazon, Tmall), distributors, and through the company’s ~200 internally-operated retail stores.
The sewing machine industry is a global industry that is experiencing renewed growth. In developed markets, growth rates are projected to outpace GDP growth, according to Global Industry Analysts, Inc., the leading industry data source. Growth in these markets is driven by the Millennial generation that is increasingly attracted to personalization, crafts and self-expression (e.g., cosplay). In developing markets, the industry is expected to grow at 6.7% annually, fueled by the emerging middle class and the “need to sew” segment that uses sewing machines to support the household.
In 2018, SVP was acquired by Ares Management (www.aresmgmt.com), a leading asset manager with $125B+ assets under management. The new owner has made substantial investments to strengthen the balance sheet and set the company up for growth. Leveraging its brands, innovative products, motivated employees, global footprint, and the financial strength of the new owner, SVP is looking compete more aggressively in the marketplace, accelerate growth, and attract talented team members.
The Sales Analyst will create both standardized and custom reports, conduct quantitative product and sales analysis, provide support to the sales and marketing team and assess forecasting needs and data integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in managing Amazon Marketing Spend through analysis and recommendations to optimize our ROI on all advertising spend
- Analyze business and market trends to recommend new tactical actions for increased sales.
- Understand and explain business trends and performance; preparing and analyzing new item and line review financials.
- Supports financial forecasting by calculating annual, monthly, weekly, and daily projections and adjusting them based on actual results and alignment with accounts.
- Assist the Search Engine Optimization Lead in maximizing our ROI on SEO Spend
- Prepare customized reports to management when needed.
- Provide guidance to sales team to meet revenue goals by identifying underperforming accounts or items.
- Creating measurable insights from the data to be shared.
- Develope metrics, reports, and statistics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or related field or related field or 2 years of experience in data analysis, supplier sales, finance, or related field
- 1 year experience in Data Analysis, Supplier Sales, Finance, or related field
- 1 year experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Amazon is a plus, but not required
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel and Word) or Google Suite preferred
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and occasionally required to stand and walk; use hands to handle objects or controls; and talk and hear. Repetitive motion is a part of this position. Employee may be required to bend or stoop as a requirement of the filing duties of this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.