Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
In the Mainframe Capacity and Performance Support role you will be a key contributor to UPS’s mainframe team. You will Provide technical support during System, Production, User Acceptance and Implementation testing to analyze and resolve defects. Additionally, it will be up to you to monitor the systems SLA/SQL adherence to mitigate performance concerns. When incidents or issues arise, it is your duty to provide a write-up of HDF’s issues. Finally, you will provide knowledge transfer, skills training, and strategy sessions to team members as needed.
What you bring:
- Convert business requirements into WLM goals for optimum performance and capacity resource goals
- Assume responsibility for UPS support tool for IntelliMagic services
- Perform technical support for collaboratively or solely for application and system support staff for all mainframe components and tasks.
- Process work requests via UPS Appian or team manager requests as needed.
- Perform installations of weekly updates for WLM policies; Started Tasks & performance attributes according to vendor recommendations
- Support and tuning of the development and production environments to ensure healthy practices, tuning and performance benchmarking.
Added bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with ThruPut Manager software architecture and batch routing techniques for customer solutions
- Familiarity with gathering processing and analyzing SMF data for performance and capacity support
- Experience with MXG and SAS PDB processing
- Familiarity SAS / ITRM on mainframe & open systems platform
- Familiarity with tools related to performance and tuning such as: RMF; Omegamon, TEPS; IntelliMagic
- Experience with WLM policy architecture and administration
- System programming background with the understanding of mainframe architecture and application environment capacity and performance support
- Clear understanding of statistical analysis using SMF data and working knowledge of communication tools that can represent and articulate that data and analysis appropriately
- The ability to translate business goals into resource usage criteria based on the management guidelines set forth
- Exhibit soft skills exhibited when communicating and negotiating with our customers to help ensure the business functions and criteria are met appropriately with the guidelines set forth by our capacity and performance management group
- MS Office
- Excel /BI
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.