PSE’s can be scheduled any hours and the position is intended to be very flexible, including weekends, and holidays as needed. PSE’s must be available to work when needed.
Qualified applicants must be 18 years or older, a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status. Must successfully pass Postal Service EXAM 476 and successfully pass a pre-employment screening including a drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service’s requirement to be drug free. Also must pass a criminal background check.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
- Makes one or more sortation of outgoing and or incoming mail using the appropriate sort program or manual distribution scheme.
- On a rotation basis performs all of the following duties: load mail onto automated equipment, culling out non-processable items. Enters sort plan and start equipment, monitors flow of mail to ensure continuous feed, sweeps separated mail from bins stackers, and stops equipment when distribution run or operation is completed. Runs machine reports, clears jams, and contacts maintenance for assistance when required.
- Prepares work area, ensuring all necessary support equipment and materials, including labels, trays, and other containers, are in place.
- Removes sorted mail from bins or separations and places into appropriate trays or containers for further processing or dispatch based on knowledge of operating plans and dispatch schedules, or at the instruction of supervisors or expediters. May riffle or verify mail to ensure sortation accuracy as needed.
- Follow established safe work methods, procedures, and safety precautions while performing all duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
All applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/careers
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.19 /hour
Overtime often available: