Position Summary: Analyzes raw material, in-process intermediate and finished products to meet quality specifications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of laboratory tests on raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
- Maintains detailed documentation and data as a result of tests.
- Contributes to the continuation of quality system AS9100 certification.
- Participates in site safety, quality and operations improvement initiatives.
- Provide communications and coordination with appropriate Site personnel as necessary to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Prepare, complete, update and maintain all reports, records, and documentation as assigned.
- Adhere to all safety standards, rules, procedures, and requirements while utilizing proper safety equipment, protective devices, clothing and safe work habits and practices in performance of job duties.
- Adhere to all environmental practices, rules, standards and procedures requirements. Handle hazardous waste in accordance with departmental procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all site, company and regulatory standards, policies, rules, and requirements.
- Operates and maintains lab equipment and supplies.
- Assists in instrument troubleshooting.
- Assist in generating final product Certificates of Analysis for shipments.
- Assist in maintaining laboratory supply inventory.
- Assist in maintaining sample retain store room.
- Assist in inspection and acceptance of incoming raw materials.
- Maintain housekeeping standards in work area.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Essential Skills & Experience:
-Able to speak and write in a manner that can easily be understood.
-Good numerical reasoning and process problem solving skills.
-Proven interpersonal and organizational skills.
-Fundamental understanding of chemical instrumentation.
Educational & Work Experience Requirement: Associate’s degree in chemistry and 2 years experience in a QC Lab environment.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to laboratory conditions prevalent at the time. May require minimal outside work and weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour