- Ability to read and write English at an appropriate level in order to correctly perform essential duties.
- Ability to communicate any problems to an appropriate Blackhawk representative.
- Ability to maintain the secondary department’s equipment operating at maximum capacity.
- Ability to inform the Supervisor of parts usage to insure parts are in –stock.
- Ability to communicate actions and problem resolution to next shift employee.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance as scheduled, to include checking and filling oil, etc.
- Ability to follow all HACCP and SQF policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Follows safety rules and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Works from specifications, blueprint drawings, schematics or procedures.
- Troubleshooting of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment.
- Repair equipment to maximum efficiencies which meet or exceed productivity improvements and waste reduction requirements.
- Continuously monitor equipment and communicate to supervision all equipment problems or concerns.
- Tear down; replace defective component units and parts such as bearings, motors, servo motors, PLC's, gears, electronic drives, clutches, brakes, belts, chains and electrical parts.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Ability to perform all of the above under the given Physical Demands and Work Environment detail below.
* CMMS Program
* Preventive Maintenance
* Work Order Task Assignment
* Scheduling of work Ordes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience requirement
* Candidate should have 2-3 years of Maintenance experience within a manufacturing organization.
- Prior Injection Molding or Extrusion. (Preferred)
- High School diploma or equivalent. (Preferred)
- Experience with Packaging Equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical systems and machinery
- Must be able to read blueprints. (Preferred)
- Should have own tools; company will provide additional specialty tools if necessary.
- Proficient with Computers is a plus.
- Good communication skills are required to interact with Supervision and other Departments.
Language and Mathematical Skills requirement
Ability to verbally communicate in appropriate mechanical/electrical terms. Basic math calculations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use his/her hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is consistently required to stand and walk. The employee must consistently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. The work is in a shop environment with loud noise level. Personal protective eyewear, footwear and safety gloves are available and in some instances required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally be exposed to extreme heat, work near moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
Pay Rate: $ 20-$25 Depending on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Industrial Mechanic: 2 years (Required)