- Setup moderate to complex parts in CNC machines with little assistance or supervision.
- Change tools, adjust heights and tool comps to maintain required quality output of machine.
- Inspect products during the machining operation to determine if parts meet specifications, complying with established standards and methods for inspection, testing, evaluation and calibration.
- Follow all job traveler instructions and …
- Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time permits.
- Complete all required shop floor documentation for the job including both part dimensional and visual inspection.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports need for machine repairs.
- Understand and comply with company policy safety guidelines, quality systems requirements and housekeeping standards.
- Work with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Plan and direct production activities and establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revise production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consult with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Resolve personnel grievances as required. Elevate unresolved grievances to management.
- Compile, store, and retrieve production data. Ensure all data integrity.
Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience setting up CNC machine tools
- Ability to read and understand blueprints including GD&T tolerancing
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience editing CNC machine programs and writing basic programs
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, continuous mental and visual attention is needed. The ability to stand for a shift, sit, talk and hear is frequently required. Lifting up to 40 pounds is required. Exposure to manufacturing areas where temperature may vary and personal protective equipment is required.
*Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, due to contractual requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 2 years
- machine: 2 years
- High school or equivalent