WNC Insurance Services is a leading property and casualty underwriting agency. We offer a broad suite of tailored specialty risk management solutions, including private flood, construction and lender-placed products. At WNC, it’s all about our clients. Nationwide, our customers rely on our trusted, industry-leading coverages, supported by compliance expertise, superior claims management and the highest caliber of service.
Founded in 1962, WNC is a wholly owned company of Tokio Marine Kiln, one of the largest carriers in the Lloyd’s of London insurance market and a member of the Tokio Marine Group. WNC’s corporate office is located in Chicago, Ill., with operating centers in Dallas, Texas, Irvine, Calif., Miami, Fla., Naperville, Ill., and South Pasadena, Calif.
We are taking significant and transformative steps to build our leadership team, make critical investments in technology and implement strategies to achieve strategic growth in the marketplace. If you’re looking to advance your career, WNC is the perfect professional home. At WNC, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put your expertise into action on major projects, and work on game-changing initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best.
Full Stack Cloud Engineer will be a leader within the WNC; responsible to plan, design and implement WNC’s Digital, Data and Analytics roadmap initiatives primarily in AWS cloud. This position will establish the Application Development, Data Engineering and Cloud DevOps vision and best practices, and implement across all initiatives. This role will set up DevOps toolchain, evaluate and select necessary tools and software frameworks, address and improve code quality and velocity issues with development teams.
The Director will lead, implement, maintain, and continuously improve the systems and process necessary to allow us to develop and deploy software faster and improve the performance and resiliency of our systems. This candidate will also be responsible for implementing cloud infrastructure to support our application, data engineering, and data science. This role requires hand-on skills, motivation, and energy to create and accelerate our journey to transform WNC into a “data and analytics driven digital insurer”. The successful candidate will work closely with business, product/project managers and development staff with a startup and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Full stack development of front and back-end web applications on Amazon(AWS) cloud-based computing environments.
- Deploy, Automate, Maintain and Manage AWS cloud based applications, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Define and manage a continuous integration/continuous deployment methodology for the deployment of applications and services.
- Work with engineering and architecture teams to design and implement scalable software services.
- Design and implement API architectures and services
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Ensuring all development aligns to best in class cloud security solutions.
- Lead and architect our growing AWS footprint
- Design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc.
- Design the AWS network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
- Lead and architect compute infrastructure to enable high performance compute and AI applications in the cloud
- Build solutions that allow our R&D teams, engineers, and data scientists to work at scale without fighting the infrastructure
- Implement infrastructure as code and develop CI/CD solutions
- Work with infrastructure teams to implement fully automated cloud environments
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems. Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in custom web development skillset (AngularJS, React, Vue) Front end and Backend (NodeJS, Spring Boot, Java, PostgreSQL, API, Microservices)
- 3+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Hands on development on technology areas such as AWS Organizations, Cloudwatch, VPC, EC2, AWS IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, API Gateway, Lambda, Glue, ML, Sagemaker and associated frameworks.
- Strong experience with database technologies such as PostGres, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DynamoDB
- Experience with design of networks, systems, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements in the cloud.
- Experience with running security tools such as vulnerability scanners and static code analyzers
- Proven understanding of CI/CD and knowledge about the application monitoring tools.
- Ability to create and utilize AWS Cloud Formation templates to automate creation of AWS images.
- Comfortable with securing a production container ecosystem (Docker, EKS, Fargate/ECS, Kubernetes, service discovery, service registry) in a continuous delivery environment
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience with modern web services architectures
- Experience with API tools such as Swagger and Postman.
- Familiar working within an Agile Delivery Framework
- Collaboration, open communication and comfort reaching across functional borders
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are Encouraged to Apply (EOE, M/F/D/V)
This is a Temporary Telecommuting Remote Work position due to COVID-19 for which management has determined that an employee may temporarily work remotely as a means of social distancing. Please note that applicants may asked about at-home technology specifications as part of the screening process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 5 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible