Job Description Summary
The Janitorial Manager is responsible for ensuring the timely completion of the day-to-day and periodic cleaning activities of their assigned janitorial team. Oversees the training, tasking and counseling/discipline functions, and acts as the C&W Services/client primary point of contact for the department as well as other client enquiries.
Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm with flexibility for on-call work.
Pay range: $55k-$60k based on experience.
- Ensure the completion of the daily and periodic tasks of assigned shift
- Ensure all cleaning assignments are completed in accordance with C&W Services approved procedures
- Set Department expectations - Verify all client and C&W Services quality expectations are achieved
- Maximize productivity and manage labor and material expenses to the provided budgets
Interface with C&W Services management and respond to client inquiries/complaints Respond to building emergencies and manage cleanup/recovery teams
- Lead department management team and create an environment of growth and learning
- Manage department assets - Maximize the lifecycle of equipment
- Champion the C&W Services safety program – Promote a safety culture
- Champion the training certification process
- Adhere to and enforce all security procedures
- Identify and present potential ancillary sales
- Enforce C&W Service’s conduct standards - Train and council employees as necessary
- Address employee performance or behavioral issues – Escalate to senior management or C&W Services HR as necessary Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures; minimum 3 years in a supervisory role
- Strong leadership, communication and customer service skills
- Basic computer skills and intermediate writing skills Manage budgeted hours and turn in payroll in a weekly basis
Must be able to give and take direction, work with minimal supervision, and function cooperatively as part of a team Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service and high levels of energy and endurance
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time and capable of extensive bending, stooping, stretching, pushing, and carrying as necessary
- Must be able to consistently push and pull up to 50 pounds and lift up to 30 pounds if necessary
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to dust, chemicals and loud noises as well as the general public
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.