Medical Assistant (Newport)
The Company: A member of the Lifespan health system, Coastal Medical is Rhode Island's largest physician governed medical group, whose primary goal is to offer patients better health and better care with minimal cost to patients. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal employs over 600 professionals in a variety of roles.
Coastal Medical offers competitive wages and values work/life balance.
- Our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental & vision benefits, a free life insurance policy, earned time, paid holidays and 401K match.
- Employee input is essential to our operations. All employees are encouraged to join and participate in committees, trainings and workgroups.
Per the Rhode Island Department of Health all new employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive their influenza vaccination upon hire.
The Position: We are currently in search of Medical Assistant for our Newport office. The Medical Assistant's main responsibility includes assisting physicians in providing high-quality patient care.
This is an hourly, full time position with a schedule of 40 weekly hours.
The schedule will be discussed during the interview process.
The position is located in Newport, RI.
Employee parking is provided.
Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks such as: obtaining patient histories and vital signs, verifying medication lists, lab tracking, preparing charts and pre-visit planning
Performs routine specialized procedures such as: EKGs, rapid strep, urine dips, spirometry, nebulizer treatments, etc.
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established parameters
Works quality reports to ensure gaps of care are closed and to maintain consistent quality scores
Administers injections including vaccines and medications
Schedules, coordinates, and tracks STAT patient referrals and pre-authorizations
Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods
High School Diploma or equivalent
Medical Assistant Certification or at least 1 year of prior MA experience
- Previous experience using an EMR or EHR; eCW highly desired
Experience planting PPD's and giving injections preferred
Why You Should Apply:
- We operate in a collaborative environment and strongly encourage and promote employee growth and development.
- Coastal offers a wide range of training opportunities including our own Leadership Academies as well as other well-known programs such as Crucial Conversations and Clifton Strengths.
Check out what's happening at Coastal!
Coastal Medical Imaging Employee Recognized for "Going the Extra Mile"
Coastal Medical Joins Lifespan