Requisition ID: 299581
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, Target Optical and Sears Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
The Maintenance Technician maintains, troubleshoots and repairs maintenance of all facility equipment, which includes general facility maintenance and construction.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventative maintenance on facility equipment as outlined in schedule; troubleshoots and repairs maintenance equipment to maintain manufacturing schedules and/or needs.
- Completes general facility maintenance, i.e. plumbing, HVAC, electrical, mechanical or PLC as needed.
- Disassembles, cleans, and repairs all equipment both mechanically and electrically.
- Performs minor electronic repair, calibration, and alignment to equipment; ensure proper daily set-up and calibration of equipment.
- Enters and analyzes all maintenance data.
- Tracks preventative maintenance, orders, and other equipment/tool activities in Megamations.
- Assists the maintenance team leader in the training of manufacturing and maintenance associates.
- Aids the total quality facilitator in the implementation of process improvements.
- Must be reliable in attendance and punctuality, including breaks and lunch periods.
- Supports, follows, and monitors all safety requirements and provide immediate feedback to all/anywhere necessary.
- Maintains adherence to company policies.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
- High school diploma or GED and one year related experience
- Experience in highly automated manufacturing, lean manufacturing/continuous flow operations
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot equipment issues using electrical schematics, multimeters, equipment manuals
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve issues by working remotely with vendors, contractors, and suppliers
- Basic PC knowledge and math skills
- Must know and follow safety procedures and standards including Lock-Out/Tag-Out.
- Physical demands include the ability to lift 50-100 lbs., continuous walking or standing, frequent lifting from waist, shoulder and overhead
- Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years related experience
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)