FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The purpose of this position is to provide reactive and scheduled billable service to customers that have problems with their beverage dispensing, Ice, and cooling equipment. Principal customers are convenience stores, restaurants, healthcare facilities, but also includes customers with coffee, juice, cappuccino, tea, and ice dispensing equipment. Install new equipment for customers that have purchased beverage dispensing machines or remove equipment when customer closes account
- Inspect company vehicle daily to insure proper working order and report any problems.
- Ensure proper level of inventory is maintained on truck and checked against inventory list each day.
- Replenish inventory on truck as needed and record.
- Safely travel to customer locations in a timely manner.
- Make contact with customer’s manager on duty at service call and present oneself in a professional manner.
- Diagnose problem at the service call.
- Perform needed repairs to the beverage, Ice, and cooling equipment.
- Remove and install the needed beverage equipment
- When working with electricity ensure lockouts are in place.
- Immediately check for any CO2 leakage and evacuate area prior to performing required repair.
- Wear provided latex gloves at all time when working on equipment.
- Clean spillage that may have occurred in the location.
- Completely fill out service invoice and have manager sign.
- Turn in all completed invoices upon returning to shop.
- Ability to use power hand tools such as drills and saws.
- Excellent driving skills needed to drive safely and avoid all accidents.
- Refrigeration certification, and high degree of technical aptitude.
- Technicians will need to be good physical shape as some lifting and stooping is required.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Reactive Service for the following types of equipment:
- Fountain Beverage Equipment
- Coffee Equipment
- Tea Equipment
- Frozen Beverage
- Deli Cases
- Ice Machines
- Ice Cream Freezers
- Demonstrated self-motivated and self-directed ability.
- Map reading
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with no driving restrictions.
- Able to drive a manual shift vehicle.
- Able to travel across state lines and travel to customer locations on a daily basis.
- Refrigeration certification needed per government regulations before handling any refrigerant.
- Knowledge of beverage systems and specifications of systems to prevent malfunction which could lead to serious harm to self and others.
- Testing and certification as required by companies that we contract with.
- Excellent driving skills needed to drive safely and avoid all accidents
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- EPA Refrigeration Certification (Preferred)