This position is responsible for providing support to the other areas within the Registrar’s Office. Responsible for the degree conferral process and the maintenance of student data relating to degree conferral. Works closely with the Registrar to insure that students complete all degree requirements prior to being conferred. Consults with academic departmental offices to resolve student graduation issues. Responsible for writing, maintaining, and supporting reports and queries with a variety of reporting tools.
- Creates and routes graduation checklists from student submitted applications to appropriate college representatives for an accurate assessment of degree completion for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Updates, maintains and inspects student graduation files to ensure conferral requirements are communicated to and between the student, academic departments and the College.
- Generates reports used by the Registrar and larger College audience for decision-making purposes.
- Supervises student employees to ensure completion of daily work assignments and effective use of time.
- Provides receptionist and front desk support for the Registrar’s Office to present a positive image and provide friendly service to all members of the College community.
- Works respectfully and collaboratively with students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Two years’ experience with relational databases and demonstrated ability to write, maintain and support reports and queries.
- Strong computer skills; demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Two years’ experience in a busy office environment.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Proven ability to question and refine processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to multi-task and to adjust priorities.
- Ability to articulate and administer College policies.
- Ability to act independently.
- Commitment to CSS’s Benedictine Values and Inclusive Excellence.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment including computers and telephones. Need to be able to work for long periods of time at a computer to enter data, produce reports and receive information. Communicate effectively with internal and external customers in person and through technology.
- Three years’ experience in a busy office environment.
- Experience using Banner
- Experience using Cognos
Special Instructions to Applicants