Karsun Solutions (as the prime contractor)has been awarded the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Software Solutions Delivery Services (SSD) contract. This is a single award IDIQ over a five year period of performance
. We will be fulfilling the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Office of Information and Technology (AIT) requirement for technical support services to assist with the implementation and continuing support of enterprise-wide software application and database development and maintenance related activities that can be broadly categorized as solution development (new systems) and enhancement and sustainment (existing systems).
This role provides information technology services in facilities planning, operations and support; storage systems analysis, design/test, and administration; server system analysis, design/test and administration; database analysis, design/test, administration; website analysis, design/test, and administration; web application analysis, design/test and administration; LAN analysis, design/test and administration; user support planning, operations and administration; and related IT systems functions. Responsibilities include:
- Identify and proactively resolve issues that could impact system performance, reliability and usability.
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Create new database users as required.
Note: US Citizens, Green Card Holders & H1B Visa Holders are eligible for Public Trust Clearance required by the FAA.
Note: A majority of the staff works 2 days remote.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server database management software and related products such as Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Manage patches and software upgrades
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Monitor and maintain the health of the databases and database server environments
- Implement and maintain database security (user management, role management)
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Design, Develop and implement databases
- Develop Conceptual Data Model, Logical Data Model, Physical Data Model
- Support application development teams with database queries, troubleshooting and optimization
- Prepare and maintain database documentation and standards and present technical briefings to the customer
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Support end users with data exports and reports
- Experience in managing, maintaining, patching, upgrading and ensuring operational continuity of the Oracle (DBMS) and associated components using the following Oracle products:
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle Data Guard.
- Oracle Recovery Manager
- Oracle RAC implementation
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s)
- Ability to perform Oracle system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Good skills in all Oracle tools.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
- A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
- Experience with Oracle RAC, VM’s, and Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Experience with Linux and Unix operating system, Oracle 126.96.36.199 and above, AWS Cloud.
Qualifications (Education/Experience) :
- Experince managing MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB, NoSQL databases through product lifecycle environments, from development to life-safety/mission critical production systems. Configure and maintain database servers
- Experience operating in traditional and agile project models
- Strong Interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate, and create consensus.
- Working knowledge of running and tuning applications in a production environment;
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems, business systems, management information systems, IT Management, or other IT degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Engineering, math, and/or science degrees are acceptable substitute degrees.
For more information on this or any other position, chat one-on-one with our recruiters during our weekly virtual chat event every Thursday at 12:00pm EST.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information