MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Investment Management (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Consumer, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
In your role as Head of Customer Retention, you will be responsible for overseeing the Retention strategy and execution for all customers for the Marcus, US Deposits business.
You will oversee a Retention team, and work cross-functionally across Brand, Consumer Insights, Portfolio Analytics, Marketing Operations, and Contact Center to define customer segmentations, develop actionable recommendations and oversee the team’s execution of tactics to deepen relationships with existing customers, increase share of wallet and drive loyalty.
You will report directly to the Head of Marketing.
- Work with Consumer Insights and Portfolio Analytics to define a robust customer segmentation, and continue to generate customer insights
- Develop and maintain customer retention strategy, goals and roadmap and oversee all Retention operations within program (working with Head of Marketing)
- Lead Retention team to define and execute end to end against retention & loyalty campaigns, including defining specific campaigns, setting test plan and metrics, launching campaign and tracking and measuring performance
- Work with Portfolio Analytics and Finance to define reporting & tracking of program progress
- Define roadmap for additional retention marketing capabilities to be built and work with relevant parties e.g., Tech, Digital Product to execute
- Partner with Contact Center and Marketing Operations as needed to execute against strategy and goals
- Oversee Retention team
- 8+ years of marketing experience
- Experience in consumer finance and marketing execution, with digital marketing a plus
- Customer centric, consumer needs based marketing approach
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising marketing campaigns across channels
- Strong experience in email campaigns, including marketing automation platforms, managing email vendors, measuring campaign impact
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to manage to P&L objectives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage complex and/or multiple projects to completion on time and on budget
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Must have experience managing a team of more than 3 people
- Bachelor's Degree required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.