The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting in all areas defined as a part of the Sr. Assistant Property Manager job description, as well as performing property administrator job duties if there is no property administrator role on the team. The Assistant Property Manager will ensure a high level of professionalism and foster positive relationships with tenants and clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide full administrative support, including phone support, typing, reports, filing and distribution of correspondence. Coordinate office supplies in absence of a property administrator
- Assist in lease administration activities, including abstracting leases and keeping our database current
- Ensure all property files are prepared and maintained in an orderly and logical manner, including leases and contracts
- Prepare and coordinate bid proposals and service contracts
- Obtain aging report for management and follow up on all delinquencies, utilizing C&W or client-directed policies
- Ensure invoices are processed in accounting with appropriate back-up and according to established procedures
- Coordinate tenant move ins and move outs, including furniture delivery and pick up
- Oversee maintenance of work order and purchase order systems
- Responsible for aspects of development and maintenance of a comprehensive Tenant Service Package, including tenant handbooks, tenant anniversaries, holiday gifts, park events, quarterly newsletters, and training meetings or programs for tenants. Also responsible for ensuring tenant information within data base is current and up to date
- Update and maintain office procedures in the property Operation’s Procedure Manual under direction of manager
- Ensure Certificates of Insurance for tenants and vendors are up to date
- Oversee the processing of management and maintenance staff hours, expense reports, check requests for review and approval
- Ensure that above standard tenant bill-backs for electrical usage, after hours HVAC, and other similar charges are processed in a timely manner
- Assist supervisor with aspects of annual budgets preparation and monthly financial reports, as well as preparation of bank deposits if processed at on site management office
- Responsible for leading regular inspections of properties with janitorial and landscape providers and any other service provider as directed by the manager
- Participates in performance oversight of all service contractors who perform contract services
1. Customer Service Focus
2. Organization skills
3. Time Management skills
4. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
7. Sense of Urgency
- High school diploma/GED equivalent; Bachelor Degree preferred
- At least 1 year of real estate property management or related experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrates initiative and reflects a sense of urgency in daily duties by meeting or improving upon deadlines
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.