HUMAN RESOURCES BENEFIT COORDINATOR
Curo Health Services is seeking a Benefits Coordinator in the Corporate Office located in Mooresville NC. This position is responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of group benefit programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan).
Provides general administrative support for on-going and special Human Resources projects and serves as primary backup for select HR positions.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Adheres to Organization’s Policy and Procedures
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, systems, policies and procedures
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the Agency
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Participates in working groups, councils and committees.
- Ensures compliance with rules and regulations.
- Participates in administrative staff, committees, and special projects, and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Recommends new approaches to effect on-going continual improvements to policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Essential Functions of Position
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, and approving invoices for payment.
- Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefit processes.
- Initiates communication to benefit-eligible employees, and handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Conducts eligibility audits, investigates discrepancies, and provides information in non-routine situations.
- Coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Prepares, collects, and organizes employee data for internal and external reporting purposes, assessments, surveys, and plan audits and renewals.
- Assists in the development and distribution of benefit training and support material, to include, but not limited to, orientations, open enrollment, summary plan descriptions.
- Helps to maintain company organization charts and employee directory.
- Provides administrative support
- Provides back up to Human Resources Processing Specialist
- Familiarity with employee benefit design, rules, and regulations
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Well-organized and confident to work independently, but will be a team player
- Detail- and deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Flexible and responsive to changing business needs
- Very comfortable working with multiple online and computer applications
- Good communication skills
- Ability to create and follow written processes
- Associates degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within an HR or Payroll environment, supporting 1,500+ employees
- Minimum of 2 years of data processing
- Advanced Excel skills
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Proficient Word skills
- Experience working with HR or Payroll systems
- Experience with Ceridian, a plus, but not required
REPORTS TO: SVP of Human Resources
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time