Do you love animals? Want to work where your contributions will make a direct impact? Want to work in an employee-owned company with a strong and supportive culture? If so, Suburban K9 has a great position available for you!
- 401(k) with profit sharing
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Free company cell phone plan with unlimited talk, text, and data
- Unlimited overtime pay
- Toll reimbursements while driving on the job
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
Mission: Our mission as dog trainers is to create a life for dogs and their owners where both are happy and stress-free.
Diversity & Inclusion: Suburban K-9 is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and care, where every employee feels supported and experiences a strong sense of belonging.
About the Job:
- Dog training around Pittsburgh and the surrounding suburbs (trainers do not report to a facility)
- Local travel necessary
- Starting pay is $21.60 per hour, which increases to $22.65 per hour after the training period
- Crates, dog bowls, cleaning supplies, waste bags and more provided by the company
- On-the-job training provided, but work or volunteer experience with animals appreciated
- Valid driver’s license and dependable car
- Must be willing, and able, to take 1-2 training dogs into your home at a time
- Must reside in a house or townhouse (no apartments or condos)
- Motivated and excited to learn
Please include both a resume and cover letter. The cover letter is your chance to explain to us the reason you would like to be a dog trainer, and why you would be a good fit for our company.
**DO NOT CONTACT OUR FRONT DESK; they are busy helping customers and booking appointments.**
About Suburban K9: Suburban K9 is a dog training company with locations across the United States. Our team of expert trainers helps thousands of dogs every year. Our Dog Boot Camp and our In-Home dog training programs are highly customized and designed to give our clients and their dogs the best life possible. We focus on obedience commands, leash walking, off leash training, in-home behaviors, socializing, and many other training goals.
For more information visit http://suburban-k9.com
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $21.60 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- What are your preferred pronouns?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check?
- Do you have any work or volunteer experience with animals that is not included in your resume? If so, please explain.
- Because trainers bring dogs into their homes, candidates are required to live in a house, townhouse, or duplex for consideration. Do you live in a house, townhouse, or duplex?
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: On the road