School Data Clerk/Registrar
School Data Clerk/Registrar is responsible for providing information and support for families navigating the application, decision and enrollment process; and also for oversight and management of the lottery and enrollment process at their designated campus, from planning parent information sessions to application exception clearing to the enrollment of new and returning students; and for working with campus departments to facilitate the overall admission and enrollment process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and New Family Engagement:
- Works in partnership with campus leadership to schedule parent information sessions
- Serves as the point person for Marketing/Development to create campus-specific marketing information/flyers in a timely manner
- Coordinates with Administration on application-specific information to be presented at parent information sessions
- Schedule, publicize and communicate all information session dates with parents
- Works with the school principal to plan logistics of parent information sessions
- Coordinates parent and student engagement activities during summer months
Application & Lottery Process:
The following responsibilities occur in tandem with the CMO Admissions and Enrollment guidance to ensure the integrity of the database
- Serves as the point person for application questions from the parent community and the campus staff, maintaining a basic knowledge of application and lottery rules as they pertain to specific campus (i.e. zip code preferences)
- Works with Administration to ensure publication of campus-specific applications and lottery details for availability to parents
- Coordinates the lottery logistics, including room and parent observer
- Monitors campus-specific application process
- Ensures that campus leadership receives info snap-based application and lottery reports on a regular basis
- Works with IT to publish, display and communicate lottery results to the parent community, campus, and placement on the school’s website.
- Continually manages the school’s lottery waitlist within the database for communication to inquiring parents; seeks assistance from the IT when necessary, ensuring synchronization with enrollment data
- Resolves and/or escalates lottery issues in a timely manner to the Administration and offers constructive suggestions for change and improvement
- Attends training when needed or required
- Communicates re-enrollment deadlines to campus and parent community in a timely manner
- Works with IT and Administration to ensure the availability of students to assist parents with online enrollment
- Works collaboratively with Administration to ensure successful execution of Parent Conferences logistics
- Coordinates with campus leadership and operations to ensure information flow to parents at the school is comprehensive
- Trains campus personnel to assist
- Resolves and/or escalates enrollment issues in a timely manner and makes constructive suggestions for change and improvement
- Produces lottery metric reports as requested by Administration
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple, critical deadlines
- Detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful
- Excellent planning and logistics skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct training and informational sessions for an internal and public audience
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to manage stressful situations in a calm, discreet and respectful manner
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and particularly Microsoft Excel. Must have ability and willingness to learn new software applications required or desired in connection with job responsibilities.
SAFETY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Every employee of the School has an obligation to know our safety rules and procedures; to teach what they know to others; to recognize unsafe actions and situations; to warn others of unsafe situations; to react to emergency situations and to report hazardous or unsafe practices to those in a position to correct them.
MODIFICATION OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The school retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- Data Entry: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
This Job Is:
- A good first job for someone who is just entering or re-entering the workforce with limited experience or education