Department: Office of Admissions
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions Operations
Location: UST Location
The University of St. Thomas (www.stthom.edu), a private Catholic university committed to the liberal arts and to the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, is seeking an Admissions Operations Analyst for the Office of Admissions. The Admissions Operations Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and service of the software systems that support admissions processing in the Office of Admissions for the graduate degree programs in Cameron School of Business, School of Education & Human Services, Center for Faith and Culture, and the School of Arts and Sciences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Student Information System (PeopleSoft and ImageNow) Duties:
- Uploading application information from vendor-provided data sources
- Manual entry of paper applications and updating of application data including withdrawals and deferrals
- Create, maintain, and update graduate student groups and application checklists
- Managing security of graduate Admissions functions for UST staff and student workers
- Ensure data integrity by coordinating routine data cleanup processes and supporting other departments by identifying and performing data cleanup tasks
- Run reports/queries for admission or enrollment data
- Running all departmental processes in test environments in coordination with the Administrative Computing department for system upgrades and patches
- Provide ongoing support and training to staff and maintain a training manual
Application System (CollegeNet) Duties:
- Coordinate the annual submission of application edits for the graduate programs including recommendation of changes that might enhance efficiency and productivity of application integration
- Create/update terms for graduate programs
- Launch and thoroughly test new and revised graduate program applications
- Monitor newly-added functionality to applications for the graduate programs
- Assist with development and maintenance of program manager (universal) application
CRM (Radius) Duties:
- Import prospective student data from vendor-provided data sources and resolve data errors
- Provide application acknowledgement and initial communication regarding missing application materials
- Monitor and verify event attendance for application fee waivers
- Manage data exchanges with vendors, including adjustments to meet provided specifications
- Monitor and inform staff of newly-added or malfunctioning systems in all admissions software applications
- Be an active member of the UST COAST Committee
- Assist and back-up Admissions Operations Analyst counterpart when necessary
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree - technology-related discipline preferred
- A minimum of three years of experience in a systems coordinator/analyst role with responsibilities for managing the overall system and reporting.
- Experience in higher education setting required, admissions preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions required.
- Experience with Hobsons Radius or other CRM preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required.
- Project management skills: organization, prioritization, meeting deadlines
- Problem solving skills: detail-oriented, analytical, innovative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Oral/written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly
- Responsibility handling confidential information
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by individuals in this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of individuals in this job classification. All job classifications may have miscellaneous job duties assigned on an as needed basis. The University retains the right to assign and change the duties of this position at any time.
This is a full time benefit eligible position, to apply please visit
send a resume and cover letter and salary requirements
Human Resources – Ref: 3418
University of St. Thomas
3800 Montrose Blvd.
Houston, TX 77006
The University of St Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time