Do you have experience interpreting financial documentation and calculating income levels? Do you have experience determining program eligibility? The Ryan White Part B Program with the Utah Department of Health needs you as the Client Eligibility Specialist. The Client Eligibility Specialist fulfills a core function of the Part B Program by determining eligibility and ensuring compliance with State and Federal policies. Due to the nature of this position, compliance to the Utah Department of Health Employee Immunization policy is required. Occasional travel is also required.
The main duties for this position include:
The Ideal Candidate
- Determining program eligibility for client services
- Coordinating health insurance premium payments, premium repayments, and quality assurance checks on client services.
- Providing training and technical assistance to community partners and case managers in regards to Program policies and services.
- Interpreting financial documents and calculating income levels.
- Developing and drafting, editing, or revising program policies.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
- Has a Master's degree in Public Health.
- Has experience determining Medicaid eligibility.
- Has experience with government benefit programs.
- Has knowledge of health insurance benefits and the Affordable Care Act.
- Has experience with policy development.
- Has experience with quality assurance.
- Has experience with training and giving presentations.
- Has the ability to communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing.
- Has the ability to speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally.
- Has knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- Has the ability to use database software applications for reporting.
Preference may be given to applicants with the skills and experience listed above.
Why You Should Join Our Team
This is an opportunity to make a difference. Along with the satisfaction of helping individuals with disabilities you will receive great health and retirement benefits, such as, generous paid time off so you can spend more time with your family and have a positive work life balance. Click here to view a summary of all the benefits we offer.
To learn more about the Ryan White Part B Program, click here.
- The typical office setting for this job is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated. However, you may encounter some risks that are associated with any office setting, for example, the safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Standard Schedule: Monday- Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.