Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Creative Lead on the Esports Team, you'll lead the creative conception and execution of campaign platforms for some of the most prominent esports events in the world. That'll mean, in one instance, working with talented internal and external teams to craft an awesome, music video that delights players and creates the belief that Worlds is a can't miss event. Other times, you'll find yourself art directing talented illustrators, 3D artists, and visual designers to develop highly resonant and awe-inspiring key art. And occasionally, it'll be working with the broadcast production team to help envision an opening ceremony and the physical build-out of a venue.
- Strategic: you're able to come up with a creative strategy that meets publishing goals. As well as filter, judge, and edit ideas missing the mark on audience resonance and highlight where the team needs to focus to take them to the next level.
- A creative spark plug: You are able to ideate across a variety of mediums and then help find the right creative partner to bring that vision to life.
- A creator: you're adept at understanding the brief and stakeholders to create breakthrough ideas that speak to the gaming and esports community.
- Player-Focused: You are highly empathetic and can put yourself in the mind of a lifelong gamer who's passion for games and fandom for esports is a lifestyle choice. You've worked in gaming, entertainment or sports and this helps you stay focused on initiatives that make the difference to the players in and out of the game.
- Create compelling content and storytelling pieces
- Create product-focused pieces that bring the benefits of the game to life in compelling, authentic ways for players
- Cultivate and lead a world-class team of authors, animators, visual designers, illustrators, and more
- Leverage an extended creative team, including freelancers and agencies to find the best partners to enhance and bring ideas to life
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.