Founded in 1818, Bunge is a leading agribusiness and food company with integrated operations that circle the globe, stretching from the farm field to the retail shelf. Bunge has 35,000 plus employees at more than 400 facilities in 40 countries.
Bunge’s North American operations supply raw and processed agricultural commodities and specialized food ingredients to a wide range of customers in the animal feed, food processor, foodservice and bakery industries. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Bunge North America and its subsidiaries operate grain elevators, oilseed processing plants, edible oil refineries and packaging facilities, and corn, wheat and rice mills in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
This role will serve as the first contact for inquiries from customers.
Enhance the return on the total business through delivering exceptional customer service/sales support. Perform total customer service for all assigned customer accounts, Bunge sales personnel & plant locations. Assist all Bunge disciplines in expediting Total Quality Service to our customers. Act as an advocate for both the customer as well as for Bunge Oils, ensuring orders are handled in an efficient and profitable manner. The Sales Support Specialist is engaged in establishing and enhancing the satisfaction of internal and external customers. The main focus is managing the relationship of customers, solving problems, providing and maintaining appropriate information and excellent customer service support
Maintain existing business by monitoring and reporting changes in customer purchasing patterns to sales manager. This position provides an excellent exposure to multiple facets of one of Bunge’s Value Chains.
The Sales Support Specialist performs a variety of tasks from quotation through contracting and/or ordering process, closely working with other roles in Customer Service and other business areas. The role also provides extensive support in customer query management.
Customer Master Data
- Manage customer contact information including initial customer set up, or change of customer data.
- Managing the quotation process on a daily process
- Assist and advise customers in selection of product
- Work with customers to ensure product needs are met
- Edit spot quote data in SAP and validate conditions of the quote, (eg. delivery, products, margin etc.)
- Send quote to customer and support negotiations with required data
- Work with the contract team and assist Oils Sales and Pricing building the contract quotes
- Build contract quotes for futures working with the sales teams
- Create contracts based on booking data and agreed terms on quotation
- Review contracts and validate contract attributes sent by the Oils Contract Team.
- Manage contracts throughout the lifetime of the contract period (drag management ei managing unfulfilled contracts)
- Entering orders in SAP based on customers’ purchase orders and arrange delivery for contracted volumes and terms
- Coordinate shipment of products with manufacturing facilities
- Changing and updating order based on customer / plant request
Issue Resolution & Query management
- Investigate and resolve pricing issues, billing concerns
- Investigate and assist with resolution of customer complaints by gathering the relevant information from systems, databases or from internal partner organization for efficient problem solving and issue resolution
- Manage incoming calls and emails by researching and responding to customer inquires received via multiple sources
GENERIC JOB EXPECATIONS
- Identify areas of improvement and efficiency, make recommendations
- Develop a working knowledge of customer service policies, procedures and guidelines
- Support key initiatives operated through the customer service or sales team.
- Support Territory Managers and National Account Managers – providing price, checking / documentation Work with the Customer Service and other interface teams, especially with Sales Teams, Pricing & Trading Team, Collection team, to provide Total Quality Service to our customers
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Marketing preferred
- Three years previous customer service experience with the ability to build and maintain and manage day to day customer relationships, previous sales experience is a plus
- Must possess a strong focus on customer service with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of customers, and internal partners on multiple levels via multiple sources such as telephone, email.
- Strong computer knowledge, including experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, Lotus Notes and the Internet; SAP knowledge is a plus
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills, especially time management and prioritization to cope with time pressure driven by time sensitive activities
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Basic Chicago Board of Trading (CBOT) Market understanding is a plus
- Willingness and capability to develop throughout the company beyond the scope of this particular role
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment with multiple priorities
- Reasoning ability to solve problems with complex variables through non-standardized solutions that require independent judgment and analysis.
- Broad knowledge of Customer Service Policies and Practices
- Knowledge of Customer Service IT applications, particularly in SAP
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled