The primary purpose of the Tax Enrollment Specialist position is to act as a subject matter expert responsible and accountable for ensuring clients are enrolled with the appropriate taxing authorities to ensure the accurate, compliant and timely processing of payroll tax filings, payments and collections and notice resolution. This position is also responsible for assisting clients with registration to taxing authorities when needed. The Tax Specialist will partner closely with agencies and internal/external stakeholders including payroll bureaus, licensees and company employees.
Skills and Qualification:
- Ensure all clients are enrolled timely with the appropriate agencies in order to submit payments, filings and provide notice resolution.
- Work closely with clients, service bureaus and licensees to obtain appropriate eft authorizations, poa’s, 8655’s and TPA authorizations. Review and work with stakeholders to ensure forms and authorizations are complete and accurate.
- Track and submit all enrollments, authorization forms, poa’s, 8655’s, etc to the appropriate agency timely and within designated timeframes. Interact with agencies as needed. Record confirmation and/or approvals and update records in the payroll tax system as needed.
- Track and submit enrollment terminations to the appropriate agencies for inactive clients timely and within designated timeframes. Interact with agencies as needed. Record confirmations and update records in the payroll tax system as needed.
- Work any rejections or discrepancies from the agency to ensure all clients are enrolled/unenrolled accurately and timely
- Assist with maintaining client profiles in the payroll tax system updated with accurate demographic and agency information (i.e. rates, frequencies, id’s, etc.). Work with clients, service bureaus and licensees to maintain payroll systems and tax system in sync with accurate data.
- Assist client with registrations when needed. Manage and track billable items.
- Ensure all agency and tax deadlines are met.
- Ensure all processes are documented and maintain process documentation current.
- Maintain communication and strong relationships with payroll bureaus, licensees, clients and internal employees.
- Ensure all inquiries are responded to and resolved within the established service level agreements.
- Generate various payroll tax or statistical reports for management, accounting and operations purposes as requested.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Assist other payroll tax areas as needed.
- Payroll processing and/or payroll tax experience preferred.
- Experience in Master Tax system preferred.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Must be dynamic, detail-oriented, analytical, and able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Intermediate Excel and Microsoft Office
- Analytical mindset that is able to innovate and improve existing processes with problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, across multiple time zones.
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Strong organization, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to effectively write, present and interpret information, reports, business correspondence and process documentation
- Ability to foster and grow relationships, communicate and work effectively with all personnel within the organization, clients and agencies.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed.
- Ability to work with multiple systems.