Purpose of Position:
This position provides technical support for both the paper and board production areas to meet the process and product development engineering needs of our businesses. This position is involved in daily troubleshooting, quality control, customer issues, financial analysis, process and product improvement, new product development and capital projects. The ideal candidate will understand the paper making process, be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work well with people at all levels in the organization, and promotable to leader level positions in the company.
- Responsible for running trials for new product development from start to finish
- Solves production related issues impacting quality.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to identify trends and identify areas for improvement.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and makes logical recommendations based on analysis.
- Collaborates with engineers, managers, and operations personnel as needed.
- Effectively works independently as well as in a team environment.
- Review production quality and key process parameters and report out at daily production meetings.
- Assist Production Management in identifying and solving issues that prevent the organization from meeting the goals.
- Provide support to the organization on financial analysis for grade development and cost control of existing business.
- Interfaces with Customers, Sales Professionals, and the Customer Service organization to see that the needs of our customers are met.
- Assist in ensuring required testing, certifications, and all regulatory aspects of the paper & board making process and extruding operations are met.
- Provide support and oversight in managing grade specifications to be sure they are accurate and utilized in the operation.
- Addresses issues impacting performance expeditiously getting outside resources involved as needed.
- Communicates to all levels of the organization as needed and participates with personnel from other areas to coordinate activities.
- Assists with any activities as needed at the direction of the department Manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
- BS Engineering Degree with application to the paper industry.
- Experience in the paper industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization in a team setting to solve problems.
- Able to work well with customers, vendors, and other resources outside the mill to meet organizational goals.
- Organized approach in work through multiple competing priorities to make appropriate decisions.
- Able to convey a sense of urgency and ability to drive organizational performance.
- 5 years of experience in the paper industry with a technical understanding of papermaking, equipment and processes.
- QA/QC system knowledge in a paper business.
- Experience managing projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: