- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Math of related field, with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Programming experience in Java / C++ (or equivalent OO language) - - - Strong problem solving skills; adaptability, proactivity and willingness to take ownership and deal with ambiguity
- Experience building and operating high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Are you passionate about creating new opportunities for the brands on top of Amazon’s advertising ecosystem? Are you passionate about working on trending Amazon technologies and tools to help build real-time, performant and scalable solutions for advertisers? We build and enhance the services that interfaces between Amazon Ad products and IN Brand advertisers through which most of the Ads revenue flows. The mission of the team is to enhance and simplify the experience of the advertiser while they use the Amazon ecosystem to advertise their products and increase their reach. Our products and services are used by advertisers of all sizes – from world’s largest brands to small businesses. We cater to both managed and self-serve advertisers while improving adoption, convenience, communication, payments, billing, reporting, etc. We also own targeting, relevance and data management aspects of Brand Ads.
We work closely with the Product Managers, Designers, Account Managers and other brand advertisers with a focus on scale, performance and impact. Our tech stack covers a wide range of technologies giving exposure to develop full stack engineering skills, though we are heavily server side centric with majority of the changes on services and some on Web UI. We use a plethora of AWS technologies including S3, SNS, Dynamo, SQS, Glue, Athena, Redshift, Lambda, etc.
Job functions:As a Software engineer on the team:
- You will own end to end implementation of large customer facing products, starting from design through implementation.
- You will participate in designing and implementing key functional areas of the customer experience, including website applications and platform services.
- You will own designing and building functional components, including code reviews, testing, deployment and post-launch monitoring
- You will work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon's website, ecommerce and advertisement systems on the design and development of core Ads functionality
- You will work with the business team and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- You will work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
- You will own operating our products, driving excellence in feature stability, performance and flexibility.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Distributed systems, Amazon Web Services - S3, SQS, SNS, Dynamo, EC2 or equivalent
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project