We are an equal opportunity employer providing ongoing training, a full benefit program, competitive salaries, paid time off, and other wonderful employee discounts and incentives.
The Area Operations Manager is responsible for the overall business planning and operation of the Party Rental Ltd.’s warehouse and transportation operations in the Boston, Massachusetts vicinity. In this capacity the Area Operations Manager works closely and cooperatively with Engineering, Customer Service, Business Development Manager, Accounting, Facilities Management, Purchasing and Inventory Management to strategically and efficiently manage transportation and warehouse operations to support current and new business opportunities. The Area Operations Manager holds primary responsibility for the smooth and cost-effective direction of the warehouse facilities, equipment and vehicles while supporting a strong management team committed to attaining the strategic growth goals of the immediate market while adhering strictly to required internal procedures, safety programs and budgetary controls.
The ability to act as a coalescing leader, administer a pro-employee atmosphere and demonstration of a strong focus on teamwork is essential.
- Is the leader and sets the tone for on-road and operational safety within the facility. Supports a safety culture where the belief is that all accidents are preventable
- Participates in the development of a complete, well-integrated strategic business plan that provides clear objectives and direction in terms of operational and transportation capability and performance.
- Works closely with subordinates, providing leadership and expertise to ensure that strong transportation, field service and operations management teams are in place
- Establishes local procedures to enforce Company policy, guides and counsels, and regularly appraises performance of subordinates.
- As the transportation and operations leader builds and maintains strong professional relationships with customers in order to support the profitable rental of Party Rental products.
- Understands protocols and communicates to supervisors, management, and employees any issues or problems that need further clarification and/or resolution
- Leads and manages the Company safety program for the facility
- Ensures compliance with all company policies internal controls
- Develops and maintains a productive full-time and part-time driver, helper, dispatch and management staff
- Assures trucks are effectively utilized by supporting efficient delivery schedules and recommending optimal transportation modes based on local needs
- Ensures the company is in compliance with Federal and State transportation regulations
- Develops team by ensuring proper training and certifications are completed
- Monitors budget: analyze expenditures and other financials in order
- Supports Customer Service Strategies and functions as a key member of the Party Rental Leadership team.
Area Operations Manager Job Requirements:
- BA or BS degree in Business, Logistics or Warehouse Management
- 8+ years of manufacturing, operations, transportation or logistics experience
- 5+ years of operational leadership experience
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Software Systems and Transportation Management Systems.
Area Operations Manager Preferred Qualifications:
Education or Experience
- BA or BS degree in Logistics, Business, Operation or other related subjects
- Masters in Logistics and/or Operations Management
- 7+ years management experience supervising a team of 50 or more in a high volume delivery environment where customer focus is essential
- Demonstrated knowledge of transportation business practices and office procedures
Area Operations Manager Interpersonal Skills
- Action oriented with ability to manage a up to 200 employees
- Strong sense of ethics, etiquette and tact
- Ability to manage ambiguity and apply conflict resolution skills in handling conflicts and solving problems
- Self-motivated, organized and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to grasp, understand and communicate business acumen
- Ability to manage in a manner perceived as fair and balanced with direct reports
- Composure, humor, creativity, adaptability and approachability
- Understanding of hiring and staffing processes as well as demonstrated skills in coaching, counseling, training and building an effective team
- Well developed and proven written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at organizing people and activities in the most efficient manner
- Accountable and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Demonstrable and Proven strong Leadership skills
- Ability to aligning team members around organizational strategy and values
Area Operations Manager Technical Skills
Good to excellent computer skills including use of MS office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Availabilityto be flexible and weekend schedules due to the seasonal nature of the PRL clients
- Knowledge of budget planning, forecasting, scheduling, and execution
- Ability to travel 15-25%
Area Operations Manager Essential Functions:
- The ability to predictably and regularly attend work and to be punctual
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and/or coworkers
- The ability to perform several tasks at once
- The ability to follow direction or instruction
- The ability to use a computer to communicate, create, and access information
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations: 8 years (Preferred)
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules