SMCP North America, business unit of SMCP Group, lead the development of Parisian brands Sandro and Maje in North America. It directly operates 129 points of sales in the US and Canada, and gathers about 450 staff.
With three distinct contemporary Parisian fashion brands, SMCP is a global leading company in the accessible luxury sector. The Group operates 1,176 points of sales and its brands are present in 35 countries worldwide as of June 2016. Evelyne Chetrite and Judith Milgrom founded Sandro and Maje in Paris, in 1984 and 1998 respectively and continue to provide creative direction for the brands. Claudie Pierlot was also founded in 1984 by Madame Claudie Pierlot, and acquired by the Group in 2009.
This position is responsible for providing a personalized client experience, building strong client relationships, meeting and exceeding sales targets as well as for opening and closing the store.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Welcome and assist all clients while demonstrating exceptional customer service
- Meet individual and store sales targets
- Effectively communicate product features and benefits during the selling process
- Work as part of a team to meet brand and store objectives
2. Customer relationships
- Build and maintain a loyal client base, and retain customer loyalty by providing clients with personalized service
- Effectively capture and record client contact information in both personal client book and brand database
- Personally communicate to clients for special store activity: new product arrivals, in-store events and seasonal promotions
- Assist in visual merchandising for the store by organizing and arranging products based on global visual direction
- Implement visual merchandising directives given by the head office, assuring visual appearance is of utmost importance
- Opens and closes the store in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Supports team in the absence of management with cash handling and client service issues.
- Consistently follow up with any shipping, alteration, or other issues related to clients
- Assist in general housekeeping and the maintenance of the store image
- Support shipping and receiving and inventory control as requested (maintaining organized records of all receiving and stocking)
At SMCP, we offer a competitive base + commission compensation structure, generous benefits package including a 50% off shopping discount, Uniforms, Positive Work Environment, and Career Growth Opportunities.
Ideal education, previous work experience, special skills (e.g., foreign languages), and personal characteristics. Prioritize by: fully proficient (1), knowledge of and ability to develop greater competency (2), preferred but not required (3).
- 1+ year experience in a retail setting, with a focus on sales, preferably in a luxury setting.
- Computer literate; learn and utilize various software packages.
2. Special Skills:
- Foreign Languages a plus
3. Personal Characteristics:
- Action oriented; drive for results
- Service orientation and customer focus
- Social perceptiveness
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Part-time