At Advantage Dental, we are constantly looking for talented individuals who can deliver the mission driven service our company requires. We are one of the largest Dental Care Organizations in Oregon with over 50 clinics throughout the state. We are headquartered in beautiful Redmond, Oregon in the heart of Central Oregon.
If you are highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing your work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment, we have an excellent opportunity for you to join a growing company with competitive compensation and benefits.
We are currently looking for a full-time Dental Director to join our team!
This position is responsible for reviewing and processing pre-authorizations and referrals for Advantage Dental Services within contractual requirements, attends community dental meetings at the direction of Vice President of Dental Services, provides clinical/practice guidance to the Clinic Safety Committee and assists with mentoring Advantage Clinic Dentists.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
This position performs the following key duties under the direction of the Vice President of Dental Services.
Job Qualifications:Required Education and Experience:
- Performs assigned duties in accordance within the scope of licensing, accreditation, and federal and state regulations, including assisting in the development and implementation of appropriate dental and clinical policies, protocols and procedures that are compliant with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Participates in Clinic Safety Committee meetings and provides clinical/practice guidance as needed related to safety and infection control.
- Reviews dental claims, pre-authorizations and related transactions for the organization and its affiliates.
- Provides internal consulting to the Vice President of Dental Services on dental and oral health issues.
- Provides mentorship to Advantage Clinic providers.
- Provides advice and performs tasks in connection with ongoing Oregon Health Plan requirements at the request of the Vice President of Dental Services.
- Attends Oral Health meetings including CAC Clinical Advisory Committees (“CAC’s”), CCO Coordinated Care Organizations (“CCO’s”) and Oregon Health Authority (“OHA”)meetings .
- Assists Executive Leadership with developing clinical standard operating policies and procedures.
- Assists with niche provider and clinical staff training and certification.
- Current license to practice dentistry in good standing within the state of Oregon
- DDS or DMD degree required
- 10 years combined experience in the practice of dentistry and work with dental care organizations.
- 3-5 year of experience in public health, public policy or related fields.
- Proficient in both public speaking and written communication.
- Ability to build and maintain key relationships and strategic partnerships.
- Ability to use sound judgement, autonomy and independent thinking.
- Proficient in basic office operating systems and software.
Travel is a regular duty of this position and is required (50%-65%) of the time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Other Job Information (if applicable):Supervisory Responsibility:
- Must maintain active professional liability coverage.
- Requires maintaining in good standing license to practice dentistry in Oregon
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities but serves in a mentor/advisory role with other providers.
This position operates in a combination of professional office and community environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires frequent use of a motor vehicle.
Advantage Professional Management is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. Individuals who may have