St. Luke’s Health System in Boise is seeking a Hospitality Services 1 to join our team!
The Hospitality Services 1, under direct supervision, assists in the service of meals for patients, visitors, and staff. The Food and Nutrition Department is looking for a positive, upbeat individual who can work in a fast paced environment. This is a great start for a career at our company and the opportunity to make a difference for our patients!
ential Job Functions (typically up to 10)
Must be able to work variable shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for delivering meals to patients. Uses patient identification tools. Inspects patient trays to ensure items match menu and instructions.
- Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates.
- Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials.
- Prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality.
- Follows established cash handling procedures to manage change for guest transactions and ensure proper charges for guest meals.
- Adheres to all food hygiene and health and safety requirements in order to meet regulatory and company standards.
- Resolves basic issues using knowledge of procedures and policies. Refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
(Minimum qualifications required for the job)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city—both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke’s Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
- St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.