Bakers’ Best Catering is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of:
OVERNIGHT KITCHEN MANAGER
10 p.m. – 6 a.m.; 5-day workweek with at least one weekend day.
Competitive Pay and Benefits
The Overnight Kitchen Manager will lead a team of 3 individuals in daily preparation of a wide variety of foods for corporate and full-service catering. This is a full time salaried position with full benefits including paid time off, health and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
- Do you want to lead the Overnight staff in a fast-paced food service environment?
- Are you ready to offer creative menu ideas?
- Do you miss having holidays and weekends off?
- Are you ready be our next Overnight Cook Manager?
BAKERS BEST CATERING IS LOOKING FOR YOU!
For over 30 years our name has been synonymous with catering excellence in the greater Boston area. If you’re looking for classic favorites or contemporary flair, we proudly make it fresh, seven days a week. Our inspiring selections are perfect for any corporate or social occasion. We’ve been the go-to for generations.
Overnight Kitchen Manager Overview -
An immediate opportunity exists for a proven professional cook with the ability to lead the Overnight staff while maintaining our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and be personable, well organized and possess strong food and facility knowledge. We offer great opportunities for our employees to build their expertise and grow as food service professionals, while keeping a friendly and enjoyable work environment.
- Accurately cook food in a timely manner.
- Take an active leadership role.
- Assign labels from the prep list to staff members.
- Review the following day prep list to prepare for the next day and evaluate staffing and volume.
- Lead departmental team meetings to communicate expectations, procedures, policies and updates.
- Delegate appropriate shares of production requirements to cooks.
- Assist in ordering food and supplies.
- Maintain proper storage of food and supplies adhering to all Serv Safe guidelines.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Assist in conducting monthly food inventory.
- Maintain a clean and safe back of the house environment adhering to all health and sanitation guidelines.
- Conduct safety and general meetings monthly.
- Attend administrative meetings as necessary.
- 2 years’ experience Management in the Kitchen.
- Currently a sous chef or senior cook.
- College degree in culinary arts or restaurant/hotel field or equivalent experience.
- 5 years culinary experience in high volume scratch kitchen environment.
- Very strong customer service skills.
- Possess acute attention for detail.
- Experience in both a la carte and banquet operations.
- General knowledge of food and beverage operations and administration.
- Clean and organized, reliable, and have a positive attitude.
- Able to work well with others.
- Current with food trends.
- Must have current ServSafe Certificate and Allergen Awareness Certificate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to:
- Sit, walk, talk and hear
- Use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Be standing on feet majority of the workday in addition to walking back and forth. Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Lifting while turning side to side is sometimes necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work is performed primarily in the kitchen
- Standing most of the work day is required.
- Work requires movement in and out of walk-ins, near ovens and freezers
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (hot and cold) due to cooking and refrigeration equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Job Type: Full-time
- kitchen management: 1 year
- culinary: 5 years