Basic Research Scientist, Atropos Therapeutics
Atropos Therapeutics Inc., a biotech startup entering its second year with new research areas, is discovering novel therapeutics for senescence. We are seeking an exceptional full-time basic scientist at the level of Research Scientist (100% FTE).
- The successful candidate will contribute to venture backed projects aimed at developing novel therapeutics that can modulate senescence.
- The position requires a highly self-motivated, accomplished individual with an outstanding track-record of innovation and success in graduate school or post-doctoral studies, demonstrating she can execute as the technical scientist on a research plan.
- The candidate should have significant expertise in molecular and cellular biology with experience analyzing growth pathways (specifically, proliferation, apoptosis, and, ideally, senescence) relevant to cancer and conditions related to aging.
- The position will require working in a team and startup environment.
- The position will be based in the company’s laboratory at MBC/San Carlos the San Francisco Bay area.
- The role is looking for candidates who are ready to begin to contribute immediately.
The ideal candidate:
- At minimum, a candidate must have a Ph.D. degree. Relevant postdoctoral or industry experience is a plus.
- A strong background will include technical expertise in basic tissue/cell culture and immunofluorescence, and it is preferred if they have some knowledge and experience in senescence or another field that depends heavily on cytological analysis. Additional skills with biochemical approaches (i.e., basic work with antibodies and cell fractionation) and solid molecular biology will be useful as well.
- The successful candidate must be technically rigorous, possess exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail and have a track-record of excellence, innovation and productivity in research.
- Will have an entrepreneurial attitude and be excited to work in a dynamic, growing venture;
- Will possess excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills;
- Will be able to work 5 days/week (as needed)—immediate start date preferred;
- Will be able to work both independently and collaboratively and will be given the opportunity to assume additional responsibilities within the organization over time;
- Is competitive, includes base salary and fringe benefits, and equity component commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Atropos is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Inquiries with CV/resume can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org