Planned Parenthood of Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley is looking for a Medical Assistant Float - with a home base of Eagle Rock - that will travel to other health centers
- this is a Full-Time, Fully-Benefited position-
Our Medical Assistant is responsible for supporting the delivery of health care services under the medical supervision of the Clinician and/or Physician. The Medical Assistant will assist clients by providing testing, screening, and education required for the provision of medical care. Assist providers to ensure high quality, efficient delivery of care.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program and at least one year clinical back office medical assistant experience.
Three years comparable clinical back office medical assistant experience.
Experience in ambulatory or outpatient medical-surgical or specialty area preferred.
Women’s health care experience preferred.
At least one year of Ultrasound experience
Bilingual Spanish preferred
Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and quality metrics.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
- Perform and/or coordinate the following back-office functions:
- Obtain social history, interview and educate clients ensuring informed consent
- Perform options and abortion education; make appointments/referrals for follow-up medical services.
- Perform basic lab work (e.g. Hgb, pregnancy test, urine dipsticks, venipuncture, injections) package specimens for outside lab tests, record lab results.
- Obtain vital signs (blood pressure, height, weight, etc.).
- Clean and sterilize equipment and stock lab and exam rooms.
- Assist Clinicians as needed.
- Gather information regarding sensitive subjects such as rape, STIs, risks of sexual activity for early teens, and abortions.
- Input and update computer client data information.
- Responsible for the accuracy of client information entered into the Agency’s Practice Management system and Electronic medical Record system.
- Ensure ongoing communication with Patient Flow Coordinator, Center Manager, and other center staff.
- Perform and/or coordinate the following front-office functions when necessary:
- Greet clients, answer phones, refer calls, and make appointments.
- Assess client finances, which may include verifying insurance, health plan authorization, Medi-Cal cards with picture ID, collect fees and donations per Agency guidelines, complete appropriate forms and obtain signatures per Agency policy review and reconcile billing on a daily basis.
- Input and update computer client data information.
- Perform functions of a Contact Center Representative including answering phones and scheduling appointments for family planning including but not limited to contraceptives and abortion services.
- Provide Abortion referral and education.
- Provide sterilization education and education.
- Assist and support the clinical staff in the provision of:
- Family planning and medical services.
- Medication abortion services including vaginal ultrasound.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures including infection control.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements (e.g. annual TB testing, biannual review of emergency policies, procedures and drills, annual OSHA training review, etc.) per Agency policy and regulatory mandates.
- Attend training, staff meetings and in-services to maintain and increase knowledge of protocols and procedures.
- Ensure client satisfaction and treat every client/customer with confidentiality and compassion.
- Prepare center for opening and secure for closing, as required.
- Understand the organization’s services and priorities and collaborate and cooperate with others to get the job done.
- Identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSGVs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
Competitive Compensation and Generous Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision options for you and eligible dependents
- Free basic life/AD & D policy with additional coverage options
- 401 (k) plan with employer match after one year
- Flexible Spending account
- Optional AFLAC coverage
- Generous vacation and paid holiday benefits
- Free medical services for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Scrub laundry service
- Monthly office celebrations
- Holiday celebrations
- Language differential opportunities
We look forward to hearing from you!
Founded in 1933, Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley (PPPSGV) is one of the oldest Planned Parenthood affiliates in the country. PPPSGV is here to help women, men and families make informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive health, their lives and their future. In addition to competitive salaries, PPPSGV offers medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, long term disability and life insurance, as well as a 401k plan. PPPSGV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.